cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Cost in a Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please help me with this query? I am looking at a standard PO (ME23n) and in PO history tab for line item 10, I find a Delivery Cost Document posted along with a GR document. Both these doucuments have same number.(There are invoice documents posted as well). I checked the conditions but Header and Item conditions for delivery cost have Zero value against them. My question is from where and how system is calculating this delivery cost? What I know is that incase of planned delivery cost, there has to be consition type setup and cost is mentioned at the time of PO creation and incase of unplanned delivery cost, it is posted at the time of invoice but not sure which one is the case here as the delivery cost condition types have no value.

Thanks,

Syd.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post a screen shot of PO history and PO condition tab ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu and AKPT,

Please find below the screen shots:

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scroll down on condition tab. You may can find more condition types.

It is not possible to delete freight condition type after GR or Invoice at transaction level.

Or it is possible if someone remove the condition type's amount/value from table KONV (by hard update) with regards to the document condition (EKKO - KNUMV)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HHi, I checked the conditions and there is no value against delivery cost conditions as you can also see in the screen shots. Thanks

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I cant see the accounting document screenshot!. Please check the accounting docuemnt and the transaction key against the delivery cost line item.

You may also go to MIRO and select the "planned delivery cost" option. Enter the PO number and check how many delivery cost conditions are populated automatically. You can scroll towards right and see the condition types at MIRO - item level itself even before posting. Please check and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I found out that this GR is based on Inbound Delivery which is linked to a shipping document and shipping cost document as well. I think this delivery cost is based on that shipping cost document but still unable to find the link. I created a PO, Inbound delivery, Shipping doc and Shipping cost doc and did the GR but there was no Delivery cost liner item in GR doc.

Any guesses?

Thanks in advance,

Syd

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the condition in M/06 , control data 2, "copy to shipment cost" is checkmarked.

If so you may have configutation in  LE > transportation for transferring the cost from shipment cost to GR. . These conditions are maintained with nil value in PO

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please cross check the settings with the note: 427944 - Info: Shipment costs as delivery costs during goods receipt

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKPT and others,

This is resolved now. It was not the conditions but the delivery costs were calculated through shipping I-e there was a shipping cost document for the corresponding shipment and inbound delivery number. Now, as AKPT mentioned, some times delivery costs are not properly charged to the line items for which SAP recommends below:

427944 - Info: Shipment costs as delivery costs during goods receipt

I am exploring this further.

Thanks again for all replies.