cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Chart of Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can you please let me know how to delete the Chart of Accounts? I have tried by using T.codes OBY8 & OB13.

Thanks in Advance.

Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh

Did you manage to delete the COA? Please send me the solution to falakhe@webmail.co.za as i'm having the same problem.

Thanks

T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the following menu path to delete the Chart of Account

Financial Accounting -> General Ledger Accounting ->G/L Accounts ->Master Data ->Preparations ->Edit Chart of Accounts List

Hope this helps

Regards

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra, i tried that way the t. code for the path u mentioned is OB13, it is giving as use chart of accounts deletion function. And also i used this way, as SAP suggested, and the T.Code for this is OBY8, even though i cudnt able to delete that. Can you suggest me some other way to do that?

Thanks in Advance.

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the problem you are encountering. There are no other transaction code to delete the Chart of Account. Are you in a test environment. If yes, then you will have to delete the Transaction data first and then Delete the Chart of Account.

You can delete the test data using t-code OBR1.

Before deleting the Chart of Account, you will have to remove all the assignments from Controlling Area, Company Code etc.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Thanx for ur reply n Pateince.

Let me clear you. i'm testing this in IDES. The chart of Accounts doesnt have any data. i assigned this Chart of Accounts to Company code. But i removed that assignment and tried to delete the chart of accounts. Not even Account groups have created for that Chart of Accounts.

Thanks

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the error message you are getting. Did you remove the Assignment from the Controlling Area also. Did you try to copy the company code from some existing company code. Also check if the Chart of Account is being used in the different account determinations.

Other wise the ideal thing will be to delete your company code and create the company code again.

Regards

Mahendra