Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting unused PR's from EBAN

pbn
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi experts.
Does anyone know of a process to delete entries in EBAN, for PR's that have processing status "N" and are marked for deletion?
I mean - other than archiving, or using a custom program?

Best regards
Per B. Nielsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

You can easily write a custom program to wipe out EBAN table. It's just a single SQL statement.

However I urge not to do that and follow standard data archiving procedure. This way SAP will keep your data consistent.

Data archiving is quite easy, however depending on the numer of documents it may get time consuming.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczyński

pbn
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes we can easily create such a program - and it seems more and more to be the outcome.
Archiving is an option, but it is a very large number of records that are not used (no links to other documents), and there is no reason for having these in the archive.

Thanks for the input though 🙂

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Searching I found this: https://www.erpgreat.com/materials/how-can-we-delete-purchase-requisition.htm

Any reason why you do not want to archive? (ME5R)?

pbn
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Mark for deletion is not good enough. We need the records to be removed from the table.
Archiving is an option, but we are talking a very large number of requisitions that are never used (no linked documents) and there is no reason to have them in the archive.
Also I would like to delete the pr's up to a much later date, than what we normally archive.