cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Personnel Number in Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have come across an issue where some of our business users have deleted personnel numbers in Prod though PU00 after 30 days of employee being hired.

I would like to know the best practice in terms of deleting a personnel number when an employee is hired in error, Im sure it is ok to delete the employee before it can generate any transactional data( within few hours or so), but there has been argument on this that SAP has provided a standard functionality on deleting PERNR then why cant we use it.

We all know that there is a difference between standard functionality and Best Practice , but how do we come across this hurdle is my current worry.

Any live examples or exprience shared will be appriciated.

Regards,

Regi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deleting Employee numbers is not a good practice.

See to it that users dont have rights to critical TCodes like PU00,PU01 etc.

Talk to the basis team to revoke such critical Tcodes.

You can always change employee data if hired incorrectly.

If at all an employee code is to be deleted there should be amail to Basis TEam/ Helpdesk alsong with the reason.

See to it that users are educated well .

Thanks & Regards,

Param

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regi,

hope u r doing good.

In this era of SOX Compliance, Data Maintenance(even Deletion) in LIVE Servers is very crucial.

Hope u work in US and knows the repurcussions of ENRON, WORLD COMM issues.

LIVE DATA carries alot of meaning ,handle it properly.

Ur LEGAL will have better understanding of it.

Regards

Rohit.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regi,

1) Check if the EE has been deleted for reasons like wrong data entry. Educate users that data can always be corrected and it need not be necessarily deleted and created again. As far as possible users shouldn't have this access. Only in critical cases where you want to maintain EE id continuity only some super users can have this authority. As long as payroll or TE has not been run I dont see any any issues why it cannot be deleted. But dont make it a habbit.

2) Some experts have suggested that in ccase of wrong hire we can terminate them. But hire and term actions cannot be run on same day. So the EE has to be active for atleast one day. My advise dont use this solution

cheers

AJ

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

terminate the employees instead of deleting the pernrs

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deleting PERNR is not best practice.

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deletion of PERNR is not advisable, please change the employment status from Active to Inactive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, any emp numbers created in prd should not be deleted for any reason.

The deletion access has to be restricted to the users and only given to certain people (say manager and above).

U can do a termination action for such employees and have a reason as say wrong hire.

But as a practice never delete data from production.

hope the others will accept this. Lets wait and see.

cheers,

Ayyaps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reggi,

As Ayyaps said, in general , PERNRs should not be deleted for whatever reasons.

You may also edit the current status of your personnel number ranges using PA04.

Regards,