0 Kudos

How can I delete serial numbers?

Sincerely,

Ketan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I do not want to delete or change the serial number profile.

One of the serial numbers entered is incorrect and I want to delete only this

one serial number.

Sincerely,

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me out with this issue.

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot delete a serila number once it is created in the system. All you can do is change the status of the serial number /material number record and flag it for deletion using IQ02

Former Member

If the serial number is incorrect, change the serial number.

Transaction IQ02. Enter the material and serial number.

Edit --> Special Serial No Functions --> Change Serial No

Hope this resolves,

Lakshman

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

I am also dealing with seial numbers in my current project and had this problem that if i want to delete some serial numbers which are scrapped over the period of time but could not find any option for th is in SAP.

What I am doing i have created a scrap storage location in one of the planst and when ever i have to get rid of any serial number i transfer post it using movement type 313 to this scrap storage location then i go to IQ02 and change the system status to Flagged for Deletion and In active. With this system status this serial number can no longer be used untill the system status is changed again using the same transaction IQ02.

There is another field called user status which does have an option of scrap status but its not activated in the standard SAP so you need to speak to the ABAPer and find out how you can activate it.

I hope the reply is helpful to you.

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ketan,

If your question is related with archieving of data.

Following link may be helpful.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/c8/9eaa38bb69b505e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

In my opinion once the serial number is created u can not deleteit u can mark deletion flag subsequenty during your qrchive process u can remove from the system refere above link.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can't delete the serial number, you can mark it for deletion in IQ02 or if you want to change the same, then you can do it from IQ02.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you dont want to maintain serial numbers for that particular material down the line , then remove the serial number profile in the material master,make it empty

However if stock has been updated for that material with some serial number and some transcations had already happened then you cant delete the serial number

Regards

Amuthan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cant delete but:

As long as no serial numbers exist for the material you are able to cancel or change the serial number profile.

As soon as serial numbers exist for the material and you want to cancel or change the serial number profile, you should note the following:

The previously assigned serial numbers are no longer suited to the current serial number profile.

The indicator for the stock check may have changed. If this is the case, you can copy the profile settings in the serial number using the executable report program RISERNR9. However, you should only start this program once the changes have been updated in the material master record

Hope it helps