cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining the flow of master data information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In this right moment im trying to understand how the import process of master data mainteined in SAP R3 works.

Can you please explain the process in a low level (i.e configuration of SAP R3 or Nakisa OrgModeler)?

In what way is possible to configure the export of master data maintained in SAP R3 for Nakisa OrgModeler?

It is possible to have access to the detail of the settings required?

In particular the modules function, which the flow of information, among others.

Once again thank you for your availability and information

Yours sincerely

Nuno Simão

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen and Luke

I'm coleguee from Nuno.

We are thinking on this diagram procress to define the flow of master data information.

Can you give me your feedback?

Best regards,

João Regalado

Message was edited by: João Regalado

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi João,

The picture doesn't open for me

Best regards.

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi luke.

Something happens when upload the picture.

Is now available .

Many thanks

Joao Regalado

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is a good reflection of the process.

Stephen    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to thank both for your time and attention.

Best regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

In additional to the above, the RFC calls call function modules in SAP that return data to the application. Most often these perform an authorization check using the configured user (either a standard user or a communications user, if the same access is given to all data).

Some of your questions require some more detail to get a detailed answer:

• Can you please explain the process in a low level (i.e configuration of SAP R3 or Nakisa OrgModeler)?
  • In what wayis possible to configurethe export ofmaster datamaintained inSAPR3forNakisaOrgModeler?
  • It is possible tohave access to thedetail of thesettings required?

It's worth reading this blog post as it gives some technical details: http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/talent-visualization-by-nakisa/blog/2011/07/29/what-is-nakisa-o...

Best regards,

Luke

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nuno,

Nakisa's solution (SAP TVN or SAP OVN) comes with a SAP Add On and SAP Transport.  These import the additional configuration and function modules used in the 8 modules.

For SAP TVN some additional configuration is required (via SPRO) for Talent Management (once the business function is activated you will see the additional configuration section).

Since you asked about OrgModeler ... this reads (via RFC calls) SAP in real time to retrieve the current organisational structure as well as Org, Position and employee details.  If you start modelling, this model is saved in a DB (not SAP) and remains separate from SAP.  Currently there is no automatic process to take the model (or "scenario") you've created and push it back into SAP.  This will come with OrgModeler 4.0 (release date yet to be announced).

I hope that helps.

Stephen