cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Chart of Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a small problem in defining chart of accounts.

In the chart of accounts I have only five segments:Assets,Liability,Equity,Revenue,Expenditure. Here I have to define new segment cost of sales.

Please help to define new account segments.

Thanks And Regards

D.Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member228513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I think you cant create new segmentation. Instead of you can create cost of sales under the revenues.

4.Revenue:

4(1) Cost of Sales

4(a) Finished Goods

4(b) Consumables

4(c) so and so

Hope it is helpful to you.

Regards,

JM.Halik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

While creating any company, here to choose the company localisation, where we choose the County name, so by default SAP B1 creates the COA format accoeding to that Country.

I am sure, you have choosen the country INDIA, thats why its showing only 5 catagory: Assets, Liability, Equity, Revenues, Expenditure.

But when you will create any company with USA localization, the you will get more catagory like:Cost of Sales.

Thanks & Regards

Himanshu Shekhar

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DR,

If  i am not wrong, the revenue drawer should have cost of sales and turn over accounts.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Nagarajan,

Here I am using user defined chart of accounts in SAP Business One 9.0,

I am getting only five segments I need to add the other segment 'i e' cost of sales. It can be defined in revenue but I need other segment.

thanks and Regards

D.Rajesh

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DR,

Please refer SAP help file for creating new accounts:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sbo900/helpdata/EN/b3/ee9a6864a34f1482293c92fa4743ba/content.htm

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said, the "segment" you mentioned called Drawer in B1's term. It is predefined based on localization. You cant add your own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your B1 localization? The pre-defined drawer (you use a wrong word for it) is not update-able. All those drawers are compliant with local law.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gordon Du,

I am using user defined chart of account in that I am getting only above segments.There  I need to add a cost of sales segement not a active or title G/L account

Thanks and regards

D.Rajesh