cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define back ground job for Maintenance Order Settlement through KO8G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to define back ground job for Maintenance Order Settlement through KO8G transaction code.

Here are the requirements

1. The job should run on weekly basis automatically.

2. The settlement period and posting period should be taken care by the job dynamically. i.e. if the job runs in July, the job should pick up Settlement period and posting period as 7 automatically.

Kindly let me know the steps to define the back ground job as per above requirement.

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To run the KO8G each week, the a RECURRING job has to be created. At my job, Basis/Ops department would create and schedule the job.

To have the posting periods, dates etc dynamically determined at the time the job runs:

Create the variant and save.

In 5.0, KO8G does not save a variant, therefore, go to SE38 and create a variant for program: RKO7KO8G

When you go to the ATTRIBUTES screen, to add a name and description, you will see a list of all the fields that are part of the selection criteria.

For an example, I frequently use the Posting Date. To the right of the screen is a field called Selection Variable, click on the drop box and select D - Dynamic Date Calculation.

Go to field NAme of variable, click on drop box and select the variable you want.

Each field has its own list of selection variable and name of variable depending on how it works in the progra.

If you look at Posting period you will see:

T: Table Variable from TVARVC

B: User-defined variables

I do not know about User defined variables, but for TVARC there is thread that leads to a "how to" blog

[]

do some more searching and you should find more answers

Good luck

Althea

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Out of curiosity, when will you run a final month-end?

We typically run on Aug 1 or 2 for settlement of July?

Your dynamics would not cover that

Edited by: Althea Madigan on Jun 10, 2010 12:02 PM