cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default values in MM01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can you tell me how to default values in Material master.

Eg, Purchasing view i want to default purchasing Group as 100.

how to do it.

Reg,

Gops

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also refer this sdn link where they have told some user exit

regards

Yogesh

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gops,

You can use MRP / Forecast profile to default values during material master creation. I think this should meet your requirement.

MRP Profile create: MMD1

Forecast Profile create: MP80.

Once this profile is created use them when creating material master MM01 at the time when system prompts for organisation levels.

Hope this helps...Reward your point and close the thread,

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasobh,

I had checked & its working fine,, gud learned a new thing from u,,,

regards,

urendra

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Urendra,

Gops,

Please let us know your feedback.

Kindly reward points and close the thread if it has resolved,

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasobh,

I awarded points

Its works for MRP view, Kindly tell is there any same way for Purchasing and Basic Data view also.

Reg,

Gops

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for rewarding points.

There is no profile option for those views, you may check the possibility of user exit.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi

There is restriction on this, you can define the following defaults for each user with transaction code OMT3U :

Default Industry sector (Industry only)

You can define that a particular industry sector is proposed whenever the user creates a material master record. However, this setting cannot be made for the material master for retail since retail is itself the industry sector.

You can hide the industry sector if you do not want the user to change it. SAP will take the default Industry sector you specify in the IMG.

Goto your user profile, own data (tranx SU3), click on [Parameters] tab, place MTP under parameter and your desired industry code, say M (for Mech/engr) in values and save. You should see your default in mm01.

A second possibility is in MM01 directly. In the menu Settings -> Industry (Default -> Industry Sector) you can enter your default and can even flag a box that it should not be shown anymore.

you have another choice, that is tcode OMT3U where you can Maintain the user settings for the default Industry Sector.

So what you do depends on your preference and project cycle. If you have not yet gone live, and all of most of the materials is of a certain industry, then use the parameter option during user maintenance. If you have gone live, and then maintain in MM01 for a default.

Organizational levels (Industry and Retail)

You can define for a combination of user and screen sequence the organizational levels that are proposed whenever the user creates, changes, or displays a material master record, and the organizational levels and profiles that are proposed whenever the user creates a material master record.

Views that are preselected in the Select View(s) dialog box (Industry and Retail)

You can define for a combination of user and screen sequence that certain views appear as preselected in the Select View(s) dialog box.

Finally, if you create your material master record by referencing to the other material number, then several fields will be defaulted.

regards

Yogesh

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl. try using User Exit.

Regards,

SDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gops,

You can't make it default, if you are creating a material with reference to other material then the data gets copied.

Regards

Rang