cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default value indicator Unlimited in Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I create Purchase order without Material Master where the account category is K (Cost Centre) and Item Category is D (Service), the indicator Unlimited is default ticked.

But when a second line has been added to the Purchase Order without material master and only account category K the indicator Unlimited is not ticked on.

After analysing in the IMG I could not find if this can be configured.

Is it possible to configure the default setting of the indicator Unlimited in Purchase Order?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marije

This setting is with Material group.

The material group might have been assigned with a Purchasing value key ij transaction OMQW.

Check the specific Purchasing value key attributes in IMG>MM>Purchasing>Material Master>Define Purchasing value keys.

I hope solution for your issue is addressed.

warm regards

sairam akundi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a PO with an item category of D it changes the whole use of the line item on the PO. It no longer holds the detail data because this is held at a lower level. That is why the qty defaults to 1 etc.

There should not be any problems caused by the unlimited flag because the limits are now controlled at the extra level of the service specifications etc. This level has several limits to control the entry of services and so the flag at the item level above is basically redundant.

I am not aware of any config setting to change it and as I say I don't think that you will really need to change it? Do you have a specific reason to change it or where you just curious?

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

The customer has the requirement that the indicator should be ticked off when creating a PO.

But what understand from your reply Steve that the indicator item level has not any influence on the service line item level.

So if it is basically redundant you could hide the indicator, so the customer would not be confused when creating a PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could but what would you use as the trigger to hide it, it can't be document type because some POs may not be for services.

You could control it by setting the field to "hide" for field selection reference PT9F, in transaction OMF4.

But unless it is really causing problems it is probably best left alone.

Steve B

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you checked the configuration settings for your document type you are using for PO creation ?

Just check that .

Thanks

Dipak