cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default G/L Account in BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Small question: is it possible to set a default G/L Account for a specific BP (vendor in my case)?

If so, where?

Thanks in advance

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

do you want to use a certain G/L for a certain G/L ? The two previous answers from Ida and Eric are correct but I suggest just use one AP code.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Again (no offense...) response could vary from countries.

Here in France, we must differentiate BP from domestic (France), UE and outside of UE.

Besides this, in at least one case we are obliged to differentiate operations done between dependant,and non-dependant, companies.

So, if you're in the case of my regular customers, you need 6 G/L accounts and must determine (on a BP basis) which one to use.

So, in my cases, the "G/L Account Determination" is set for the more common usage (domestic, UE and outside of UE for non dependant companies) and we have to modify this only for the dependant companies.

To be able to do it, we have to allow this from the "G/L Account Determination" transaction, and change it directly from the BP dialog (Ida and my answers).

But I've certainly misunderstood your contribution... The aim (my interpretation) wasn't to change on an operation basis the G/L account, in which case your answer is the best one (have specific BPs), but to be able to change, on a specific BP basis, the general settings.

Regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

It is possible to set a default GL Account for specific BP.

You can set it from BP Master Data > tab Accounting.

Hope it helps.

Ida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This has be allowed first.

Administration - Setup - Financials - G/L Account Determination.

Then Sales and/or Purchasing tab, General tab under and finally the checkbox "Permit change of Control Accounts".

Regards,

Eric