cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Account Receivable for Business Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have this problem where i cannot create a new Business Partner using the SDK. I tried to create a new BP manually in SAP B1 and i found out that there is no default Control Account and Accounts Receivable for the Accounting Tab of the Business Partner Master Data. Can somebody help me how to define a default Control Account and A/R for new BPs.

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I already solved my problem regarding the default AR of the business partners.

My next issue is i do not know how to set the control account for a specific business partner. I don't know what attribute will be used.

Any response will be appreciated.

Thank you

Gene

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gene,

I have not needed this (yet) myself, but is the oBusinessPartner.AccountRecivablePayables property what you are looking for ?

It has a bunch of subproperties that suggest you could add accounts and/or change them, etc.

If you test this property, please let me know what you find.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johan,

Here is a screen shot of what i want to update in the API.

Thank you,

Gene

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gene,

Did you test the properties I mentioned in my previous answer ?

Also, that setting in the BP master data, is basically a default value. What I mean is, in any common scenario, updating this value can more easily be done by hand, or, if you need to change a lot of BPs, with the DTW.

In other words, if you need to book certain sales transactions to another account, you should determine this in the document, not in the master data.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johan,

Here is my scenario, i have two types of BPs, both have different Accounts Receivable Control Account, in the screen shot i provided the Control Account used is A/R Resto. What i want is that i will create BPs that uses the A/R Resto Control Account as well as BPs that uses the other Control Account.

Thank You,

Gene

P.S. I tried the properties you gave me but it points to a different property which is shown in this image.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gene,

So if I understand you correctly, you have to set the control accounts one time ?

Again, I would use the DTW to do this. An application is the proper solution only when you have to change the control account on a regular basis (at least once a month).

As for the correct property, because of the same reason, it is quite possible that it is simply not exposed to the DI API (yet). In that case, you could go to the B1 Idea Place , and suggest to SAP to develop this.

If you need to make this change on a regular basis, the DTW may at least be a temporary work around. It too can be configured to run automatically.

Regards,

Johan