cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decentralized Warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I need some explaination about Decentralized WM, which I tried to extract from SAP help but still not clear.

If I have a third party warehouse non SAP, how would the Decentarlized WM in SAP work.

1.Do still I have to create a WM in SAP.

2.How would the inventory of third party will be integared in SAP.

3.Will there be requirement of Transfer Order as it is a Third part ware house.

4.Will the bin no. maintenance be required in SAP as it is a third party WM.

Regards,

Neeraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

SAP Decentralised WM is basically SAP WM set up on a separate system. The decission to decentralise the WM system is usually down to system performance,Wm as a stand alone system or high availility requirements e.g. 24/7.

From your message I assume that the third party system exists already? and manages the inventory at the bin (coordinate) level? Is it part of your legacy infrastructure? If this is the case then Decentralised WM settings on the ERP are not appropriate as it will overcomplicate the interface to a third party system.

Answers to Questions:

1. Possably a Lean WM Number might help if you want to use a TO based iDoc to integrate the systems but usually this will just over complicate the integration, I would assume the answer is "No"

2. SAP would manage the quantity and value. The thrid party system will manage the quantity and locations, usually a report or interface is written to make a regular comparison to ensure the inventory and quantities are aligned in both systems - An assumption being made that all issue and reciepts are mirrored on both systems.

3. "Yes" or equivalent in the third party system but not an SAP WM transfer order

4. No, the assumption is that the third part system will manage the bin master data.

I hope this helps.

Thanks James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James

Thanks for the reply which answers all my doubts.

One small query I still have which is general in nature:

What is the benefit of setting up Decentralized WM in SAP if My Warehouse is a Third party and Non SAP and How it will work.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj

The only point of setting up a dezentalised warehouse number in SAP and conecting a third party system would be to use the interfaces between SAP IM/LE to the third party system instead of the decentralised system.

These interface (SAP <-> Warehouse system) could theoretically be used to communicate master data or transaction data such as deliveries to the third party system. However our assesment of this approach is that the technical complications of not having the SAP decentralised WM system but third part system present would easily outwieght the benifit.

In summary the decentrlised WM interfaces add no value when integrating to a third party warehouse system.

Thanks James

Answers (0)