Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging code from ESS

former_member232092
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Having a requirement to upload document from Reimbursement claims screen in ESS to archive link. Tried by implementing the BADI  HRPBSIN_PROCESS_ATTACHMENTS .When the upload button was clicked the debugger did not reach the point in BADI . As the implementation of BADI did not solve the problem, wanted to debug the code under the upload button, as the code that is called attaches documents to DMS .Now my question is how to debug the webdynpro abap codes from ESS ,so that we could implement the code to upload documents to archivelink if any enhancement is provided . Could suggest any ideas/tips.

Thanking in advance,

Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dsharmak
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

you need to put the External debugging point as shown, Also user should be of ESS employee who has logged in the ESS, In case of further problem, you can use srdebug for the application server and debugging would stop..

former_member232092
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

I did all the items mentioned but still the debugger is not getting started and the control is not coming into the BADI implementation. In addition to putting the break point in this badi implementation, do you know what the calling program for this BADI is so that I can put a breakpoint there and try to debug through.

I really appreciate your help.

Regards

Ram

dsharmak
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

Kindly put the debug point in the program HRXSS_IN_CL_EMP_ACTION , as it is being called in employee creation. Kindly check the same.  Sometimes debug took time, If the BADI is implemented then surely it should trigger..

Regards, Deepak.

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to put the external break point for that user id to debug any WD applications.

-> Open the BADI method

-> Put the external break point

-> Make sure the user id is shown the correct one which you want to debug.

-> Go to  Utilities menu

-> Click on Settings option

-> In displayed dialog box click on ABAP Editor tab

-> Under ABAP Editor tab click on Debugging tab

-> Specify the User ID