cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating a tax code - URGENT !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can somebody guide as to how to deactivate a tax code instead of deleting them?

The main purpose is in my concern, there are lot of tax codes which are not used by the users.. hence they want them to disappear from the drop down list.

Can somebody help me on this?

Regards

Karpagam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

go to FTXA.. in taxcode row go to F2.. u find the list of all tax codes... u just click on the line above the menu bar in the list... there u can enter the tax codes which u want to appear in the drill down menu...

hope it helps u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried it Aparna. FTXA is a display tax code. can you send me the screen shot or a word doc as to how to proceed? i am just able to get the drop down after I enter the country key.

Please guide me as it is very URGENT !

Regards

Karpagam

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

In FTXP you can deactivate the tax amount against the tax code, so it cant be used, or remove the GL accounts.

this will stop people using the tax code.

You also have the option to delete SHIFT + F2.

This will remove it from the list.

Please award points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any updates on this?

Regards

Karpagam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai venkat,

in the dropdown list, on top u have a button which lets you add the tax code to your personal list. when u select the tax code and add it, whenever u then dropdown, only the codes that u had selected will pop up. others will not be visible.

award points if this helps u.

Regards,

CA. Karthik Narayan N S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have a doubt whether it can be set for all the users by the basis consultants (personal list) or it should be done by the users themselves.

please guide me on this.

Regards

Karpagam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karpagam,

The users can themselves set their personal list rather than the basis person involvement in this. there is no need for basis person to do this as it is simple for the user to set his frequently used tax codes.

if there are more than one users making use of this, then it would be advisable to let them set their own as this would solve this problem rather than escalating to the level of involving a basis person.

Regards,

CA. Karthik Narayan N S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

SAP does not recommend deletion, because it has far reaching consequences.

There seems to be no solution for not displaying in the drop down list.

Check the WHT thread in SPRO, I think there is a way to deactivate. But even then it would appear in the drop down list.

Reg

*assign points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- not sure if there is a way to delete tax codes

- you can use Validations (OB28)

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a way to delete a tax code but i want to know the way in which we can block/deactivate so that it goes from the drop down list of the tax codes.

Main purpose is it shouldnot appear in the drop down

Regards

Karpagam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the possibility of archiving the data into a new temporary table. Check with ABAper. Then, probably, it would not show in the dropdown list.

*assign points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a standard SAP drop down list in FTXP. Hence archiving in a temperory table is not possible. Any other solution for this?

Its urgent !

Regards

Karpagam

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

In FTXP you can deactivate the tax amount against the tax code, so it cant be used, or remove the GL accounts.

this will stop people using the tax code.

You also have the option to delete SHIFT + F2.

This will remove it from the list.

Please award points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can u tell me the conditions for validation?

How can we write it generalised for a country?

There is no country field in the header or line item to mention.. there is a field called Dest. country.

can u tellme the pre requisite and the check ?

Regards

Karpagam