Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data migration historical P&L

former_member133489
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

Our Go Live is 1st of July and our customer requires the data migration of historical P&L for every posting period year to end (mainly for sales accounts with profitability segments - profit center, distribution channel, customer group etc).

Using Historical balances data migration object is not possible because we don`t have the characteristics needed.

Using GL Open items migration object - it is not possible because the posting date is taken from the Define Settings for Legacy Data Transfer. 

Should I use Upload General Journal Entries App? Do you see any issue if I post documents with a posting date that is before the one set up in the Define Settings for Legacy Data Transfer?

Or should I use the GL Open items migration object and play with the migration key date?

I am afraid that the system will have a different behaviour in production and it will not allow me to use the scenarios described above?

Kind Regards,

Diana 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

EricvanZundert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

I would go for the general journal entries app to avoid playing with the Legacy data Transfer date.

Its worth to test or S4C will complain if you upload before the transfer date in the test system (should be the same situation in the production environment). In our system, we're able to post a journal entry without issues before the transfer date. Also, there should not be a dependency between the transfer date and postings done outside the migration cockpit.

I hope it helps a bit in your investigation.

Eric.

former_member133489
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Thank you. I appreciate your opinion. I will focus on this direction of uploading using the general journal entries app.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member132363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here are some SAP resources you may review based on your topic "of | historical balances | gl open | posting date | data migration | data migration object | characteristics | items migration object | sales accounts | segments | profit | community"

Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud

Accounting for Incoming Sales Orders - This scope item provides a report of all ... are captured under the business segment or common profit center that cannot be ... In this scope item, you handle open item management for contract accounting. ... Transfer of Primary Master Data for SAP Global Trade Services - This scope?...

https://support.sap.com/en/product/best-practices-s4hana-cloud.html

Automatic Supplier Payment Clearing in S/4HANA Public Cloud

May 24, 2019 ... Clearing of these items requires posting the value to offset the ... to prove the reconciliation process is up to date for audit purposes. ... only relevant for G/L accounts that are flagged for Open Item Management. ... For supplier payments the optimal design is that the open items ... No activity data to report yet.

https://blogs.sap.com/?p=127