I'm new to SBO and this community, we are going implement SBO in our client place, which inclusive of integrating with their legacy applications(which they don't want to discard),
suggest me what are best way of doing data integration between these applications, it should be bi-directional data flow(SBO to legacy apps & vice versa)
1. should it be possible to use triggers & procedures directly at SQL Server database?
2. is it advised to touch SBO database tables, will it affect or crop any problems?
3. is UI API the only way of doing data interface?
Why don't you check the One-Stop Shop for SBO SDK Help files that can be accessed at:
There is a tool called Data Transfer Workbench for batch uploads.
Also, it might be possible to use MS SQL Server DTS for a bit faster updates.
Last but not least, there is a course TB1300 on SDK, attending that or reviewing the class materials may be useful.
you can make a bi-directional system.. we are with our product now.
1. you are not allowed to touch the SBO database, DI-API objects only.
2. again do not go directly to the database, yes it will cause problems, most definately with the inserts and updates, you will break the SBO internal keys and rules.
3. no you could do a web or windows app using the DI-API