cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Import/Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new in SAP.

Q: Is it possible to use the importer tool (importing from excel) but change or add fields except from the default ones in order to import more data? Is it any way to link a desire column to this imported tool. If we are not able is it any alternative way of import thousands of entities using another tip. Note that I want to import the *Title* of my Business Partners.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DTW tool imports new records as well as updates existing records with new data. As long as the BP codes are matching, put in the name that u want and upload.

Prajwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BP codes are not matching, I want to Add a new one.. For example BP Title is not included into the default BP codes of DWT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Charalambos,

You could, perhaps, create a UDF of BP Title, include the field name in the DTW template, add the BP code and the relevant title in the template, and upload it. That would add the title value into the title field in the BP Master. If the BP code is new, then it'll add that code and the title value to it.

That's how I upload values into UDF files into masters.

Cheers!

Prajwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prajwal Kashyap is very much right...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create UDF for BP title and then DTW is a simple way for you to achieve your goal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Importing from Excel will have more limitations than DTW. If you can't upload by DTW, you can not do it by Excel too.

If a field is not exposed to DI API, it will be not possible to upload in any legitimate ways.

Thanks,

Gordon