Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data declaration in ecc6.o

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are upgrading from 4.6C to ECC 6.00 also to unicode

I have been reading some forums recently and i came to know that data declaration is different in non unicode and unicode sytems especially with data type x and i have more issue is it not possible to use data type i any more in ecc 6.

is it true.

thanks

Kajol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kajol,

Yep you are right. The declaration would differ especially if you going for unicode.

What unicode does it tries to group all similar data types together .if you RAW data type in the middle of character fields then unicode will though the error and the same reason is valid for the introduction of table enhancement category in

mySAP ERP 2005.

let me know if iam not clear

Thanks

venki

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kajol,

There are some changes in ABAP and the DDIC. You can find more information on the Unicode@SAP page of SAP Service Marketplace. They have a coding specific section for programming ABAP.

I should add on clarification in that when you upgrade to mySAP ERP 2005, you can only use unicode compliant declarations - you do not have 2 different code based on whether you are unicode or non-unicode. SPA R/3 4.6C does not have this, but SAP R/3 enterprise can be set to a unicode complaint only system.

More info can be found at:

http://service.sap.com//unicode@sap -> ABAP and Unicode Library

Cheers,

Mike.