cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN-Error while checking in and storing -AL11

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Kindly please check the urgent issue, Please find issue details below.

Issue detail- I have a txt file present on AL11 inside: /tmp folder,

i am trying to do check in that file to an existing document in my system using CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN

but getting attached screen shot error, Please check and suggest if i am missing any mandatory input parameter

to be passed so that check in gets successful using this API.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A Unix/Linux system doesn't work like a Windows system, TMP is different from tmp ! (tmp exists, but TMP doesn't exist). Sorry I have an urgent call, bye...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mansi,

the problem I see here is that my SAPGUI cannot access this path from my location. Therefore the method "file_exist" fails and cause this error message.

Could you please try if you can display the PDF file try to access the file from your Windows Explorer?
For further information please read also the infromation at https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Direct+upload+file+from+Application+server.

You have placed the file on the application server and trying to access via front end. The presence of file on the application server could be seen via AL11, however, you cannot access the file directly from your frontend. This is the reason you get an error. Could you make following changes to the data carrier settings in DC20 and check if this works ?

Goto DC20.
Double-click node 'Define data carrier type "server, front end"'.
Select the data carrier type.
Double-click node 'Identify frontend computers'.

Observe that there is no information maintained here. Could you try to add the relavant front end type computer and configure as per your network path. Also, you could use the F1 help for the data carrier to customize as per your business scenario. I found an information for other customer which might be useful for you. Please have a look:

Start transaction 'DC20' and double click on folder 'Define mount points / logical drive' in the dialog structure. Then create anew entry (new data carrier). Enter a name for the data carrier, select a front end type (usually 'PC') and finally enter the path of the network drive directory, where your original files are stored for editing.If now a user * and creates an original file in CV01N/02N (user * assigend to frontend type 'PC'), he only has to enter the data carrier, which serves as a prefix for the network directory(e.g. //servername/DMS/files/). And in field 'Original' the user * to enter the actual file name.

Perhaps another workaround in this case would be :

- Read the orginal file with FM "CV120_READ_FILE2TABLE" within a internal table
- Call FM "CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN" to check-in the internal table and not directly the file (parameters PF_CONTENT_PROVIDE = 'TBL')

The main problem here is that from DMS point of view the original file needs to be accessible locally to be uploaded and checkedin successfully. As I tried to explain above the file in the application server is not accessible from frontend and therefore also the API function module is not able to checkin the file to the archive. Therefore I suggested to maybe read the file to an internal table with function module "CV120_READ_FILE2TABLE" and then the system should be able to access the file. From DMS point of view the * always fails if the system is not able to access the file to upload it.

Further please see also note 504692, which includes several * programs which could be helpful by checking in original files in background.

The document BAPIs always require a SAPGUI or an open RFC connection, because this channel is required to start the program SAPHTTP (or SAPFTP) on the client for the check-in. When the BAPI is used in background, the system doesn't know where to get the original files from.

Further please see also the other attached note 796709 which contain also necessary information for this action too. For further help I can only suggest you to get in touch with your local consulting organisation who will surely try to find a suitable individual solution for your scenario. I hope that this information could be useful for you.But there are a lot of environmental influences in such scenarios and therefore it is hard to define a standard solution for it.

Best regards,
Christoph