cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut Over strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Payroll cycle year is Mar-Feb Alternate Fin year. My Client has already posted the results of March in FI manually for one PY area.  I have done matching in Prod and executed the results for March and then exited the payroll. I did not do the posting as the results were posted in FI for MArch Month.

For Aprl month I have executed the PY again for EEs and this month I am required to do the posting.

Pls guide : 1) Would that be correct to skip one period for posting of March and start from other month. Could retroactive accounting entries for March month changed later by user  in the month of May would impact this as there would be no posting results for March. Here I have kept the retroactive date as 01.03.2013 only.

2)  If this could impact then what is the solution wherein I can match the results in production for the months that have already been manually posted directly in FI and stil would be able to account for retroactive entries for the unposted month.

Pls help to guide me. Thnx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ter Not Active Contributor

pl correct me if im wrong

The closing balance of March has been enetered in FI manually ,isnt it ?

you have run for March and not posted

now you have exited control record for March ran for month of April and wanting to Post to FI

hope i understanding is correct ?if my understanding is correct then

there are two ways to go about it

one is i would sugest to change control record settings to april and run payroll and post ,this decision need to be taken in conjuction with stakeholders and FI consultant .i reckon this isnt best practise.

the other way is repost for the month of march and ask FI to adjust the entries manually which they will be able to do .i suppose this would be best practise.

lets hear it from experts aswell.

no worries

kg

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks..but in that case..,,to include retroactive runs..you are suggesting that posting has to be done anyways..

Former Member
0 Kudos

This again in conjunction with ur FI and stakeholders you need to set the control record / 0003 dates in such a manner retro doesnt pick after a particular date.u may have to explain to them the consequences of retro .as u might be aware there is that report for mass changes to 0003 record,

Run program RPUTRBK0 update infotype 0003 to a fixed /required date for all

employee records.

no worries

kg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats Ok & thnks for responding..my only question here is ..if I skip posting for March period(but have the payroll results in RT) & still have the retro date as 01.03.2013 ..would retroactive changes happening later in the month of June...(for any changes for March period due to leave regularization.. for which the posting doesnt exist) ..would work ...or  is it must to have the posting results in the system to have retrocative postings if any...

Former Member
0 Kudos

simulated the scenario and infact changed both master(time and payroll ) data and what he noticed is changes triggers retro as expected and when it comes to posting he tried changing the data on the month posting payroll alone is run without posting and exiting control record and in another scneario for a month in which posting is done,and he dint see any impact and posting was pretty smooth ,although he hasnt checked the entries in FI side ,he reckons there wont be any issue.

lets wait for experts views aswell.

no worries

kg