cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization of Item Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

While I was doing Blanket purchase order, when I select item category as ' B', PO quantity and order of unit are getting selected. I don't want them to get selected. Can someone tell me how to customize the item category? Where can I find the notes for customization?

Thank & Regards

satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

There is no customization of the item category. Saying that, I would like to tell you the reason why it is so. the main reason for this one is that the valuation is done by price basis not quantity basis for blanket items.

hence there is not specific GR for these items and we receive invoices for the quanitity requested and they value of the invoice is compared against the value of the Framework PO during invoice posting. If it is within the limits it passes otherwise it fails.

The unit is Price Unit and Quantity is always 1 for such cases as designed by SAP.

For that 1 quantity , we are having our services or bulk item gr's multiple times and not posting a specific GR for each of them and inturn valuating that services or goods with the incoming invoice.

AH

Reward if useful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

Can someone tell me how to configure Item category?

thanks

satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Here is the detail. In SAP MM, you can not configure item category. Neither you can change not new entry. However, a combination of item category and account assignment category (can be created or changed) can be maintained:

SPRO> Materials Management>Purchasing-->Account Assignment

Maintain Account Assignment Categories

Reward points if helpful!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopala

thanks for your suggestion. But my problem isn't sloved. Can you tell me whether I can configure PO quantity and order unit using Item catergory?

thanks

satya m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

We just can't configure Item category in MM. So, looking at item category for any config can just be forgotten. You may want to try this config which is given for external services procurement but not sure, if works in this case as well....

Materials Management>External Services Management>for Purchasing Organizations

Try defaulting UOM here for your p.org....still, qty wise, I have no clue...you may want to look at user exit way

Reward if it helps!

Regards