cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Warrenty & Vendor Warrenty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is meant by Customer warrenty & Vendor warrenty in Equipment Master data. What is the use of that.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need more clarity on this. Thanks for all your inputs.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your scenario, you have 10 drilling machines with different purchase date with respective warranty period and all the drilling machine are installed in one paritcular area (single line) in your floor shop (Let's consider this as Shop Floor 'A').

Now lets take this example and the prerequistes required for the same are Material master, Euipment master, Serial no., Functional Location.

- Create Material Master "DM001" for Drilling Machine

- Assign Serial no. profile in the Material master in TAB "Plant data/Stor.2" (Pls note, will doing GR for the drilling machine its possible to maintaine the serial no, if the same is used then this can be used directily in the equipment master or else serial no. can be created during the sales order process also, it depends on the specific requirement) , eg Serial No." SL001"

- Now Create Equipment master "EM001" for each drilling machine with unique serial no. (depending on the date of purchase)

- Maintain the warranty period details as per the terms mentioned while purchasing the equipment. Here the warranty period would be for individual drilling machines.

- Now assing the all the equipments to one Functional Location "FL001".

-

Material Master - 1 (DM001)

Serial no. - 10 (Starts with SL001 to SL010)

Equipment Master - 10 (From EM001 to EM010) = (DM001) + (SL001 to SL010)

Functional Location - 1"FL001" (mention all the equipments from EM001 to EM010)

Regards,

Hemanth

SAP SD/CS Consultant

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure....

I am having 10 drilling machines for single line. I am assigning each line as one functional location. I will create one drilling machine as equipment as other parameters are same. As those machines are purchased at a different point of time from different suppliers, they would have different warrenty details.

How can I maintain that or else do I need to create each drilling machine as different equipment.

Regards,

Maheswaran,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your drilling machines serialized?

If your drilling machines are serialized, each drilling machine is one separate Equipment

>

> Sure....

> . As those machines are purchased at a different point of time from different suppliers, they would have different warrenty details.

>

>

with the same material code / construction type (Since all the parameters are same) and attached with one Functional location (Line). Let each equipment has its own warranty data.

After GR of a Drilling machine (if serialized), open the Material + Serial Number IQ02 / IQ08 and maintain warranty for each Serial number.

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont bring Material Number into this issue, I want to have single equipment code for example drilling machine. I may have no. of machines with the same parameters. So I dont want to have different equipment nos. In case of having single equipment, how can I map the different equipments with different warrenties with the single equipment code.

What is the use of Master warrenty.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean to maintain single Equipment number (only one object) for all Drilling machines in your Equipment master?

I think your requirement close to Construction type concept...

Please let us know your exact business requirement for more clarity...

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on on your query, for maintaining different warranty details, you should have each different type equipment.

Pls check how the purchase cycle is happening for equipment. In case if you are purchasing the equipment as material and making GR, an equipment number will generate along with serial number for tracking.

So, it will be different & independant equipment number for one material. (Your material is nothing but Drilling machine with all specification & parameters are same with different vendors).

Hope it is clear for your query

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case there is one equipment which can be purchased from different suppliers. For example Equipment has been purchased two times from different vendors. I am maintaining the single equipment code. Is it possible to maintain 2 different warrenties for 2 different purchase.

Regards,

Maheswaran,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't Confuse with Material Number(MATNR) and Serial Number (or Equipment Number EQUNR). As the Equipment are same model and capacity, you can use single material number (MATNR). When you are making GR, you need to enter two different serial numbers ie. the Material Number + Serial number combination is unique.

You can order same material with different customers, but you are receiving two different serial numbers ( which may be your Equipment number).

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally Equipment number must be unique in system. You can not maintain two equipment with same number. In case, with in a equipment you want to maintain different combination or assembly or parts ets, for those cases Master warranty need to defined and asigned to that equipment.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok. Vendor warrenty details are only for information purpose or else will it have any effect on any business process.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Warranty details with popup during Order/Notification creation is information purpose only. However, based on business requirement, the warranty handling may differ. For example

If the equipment is under vendor Warranty,

1. You can claim the equipment damage amount to the Vendor or Manufacturer or supplier of the equipment, in case maintenance done and cost spend by you.

2. You can return the equipment for replacement or send to vendor for repair etc.,

Thanks,

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Customer warranty is that wrranty lended by selling party to customer.

Vendor warranty is that warranty given by dealer or OEM to the vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Customer Warranty: Used for maintaining the warranty details (Example: Start and end date) given to your customer (Equipment warranty given by you to Customer), mostly used for customer service module

Vendor Warranty: Used for maintaining the warranty details given by your Vendor or manufacturers to you where u purchased the equipment. mostly used for Plant maintenance module

Thanks

Siva