cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer linked to a warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can I link a Customer o a Customer group with a warehouse? If so, how?

Thanks

Adriana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adriana,

I think some are looking at this backwards. If I understand your need correctly you want to have a Sales document auto populate the warehouse assigned to a Customer Group. Example use of this may be where a customer's geographic location should pre-determine the closest warehouse to ship from.

My suggestion is to add a user-defined field to the Business Partner mater data (i.e. Default Whse) where the values entered match the available Whse Codes. Then put a formatted serach on the Sales document that looks up the assigned value. For example

SELECT U_DfltWhs FROM OCRD WHERE CardCode=$[$-4.0.0]

(I think your FMS query needs to use a minus 4 reference since the FMS is on a row-level field and trying to lookup a value in the document header). Set the FMS to refresh when Item Code changes.

If this isn't what you're trying to accomplish please provide more detail as to the scenario. Thanks.

-Frank Sposato

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got it.

Thanks

Adriana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am afraid that only Items and Item Groups can link to default warehouse. There are options you can use user default to override any other defaults. If you setup user default to a warehouse, all sales document created by this user can be defaulted to a particular warehouse.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

Thanks.

Is there any way to create a UDF in customer group? so i can link via UDF the customer group to a wh. and then do the querys to validate the correspondence between customer group and wh.

Thanks

Adriana

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can surely add a UDF to Warehouse. Thereafter you may be able to link your customer code through this UDF.

Once done, you will be required to maintain a warehouse per customer in your warehouse master data.(the system would not run it like this, but that's how your end user BP has to treat it)

Aditionally, you might also have to put in some effort to show this WH Code and its Customer Code at places of significance inside the system.

(for ex - on the line items of a Sales Order form)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

gautam

Edited by: Gautam Ganguly on Nov 19, 2008 7:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only Item Group allow UDF. You may have to create UDF under BP Master and DTW the data if you have too many records. You can prepare the upload file easily through Customer Group property for the BP.