Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Credit Memo

govindapnaveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there anyway to put duplicate check for reference number in customer credit memo.

We have a situation where user-created twice a customer credit memo using same reference no due to that IT head asked me to create validation or whichever a suitable solution to avoid posting twice customer credit memo with same reference number.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope that by duplicate credit memo you mean two identical credit memo requests and each of these has its own credit memo.

If you meant that you have a single credit memo, but that you got two credit memos for it - this is a very serious problem, which you need to investigate. If the root cause is custom code - you need to fix it (of course). If the cause is a bug in standard SAP code - submit a ticket.

If you meant that two credit memo requests were created for the same customer complaint - how do you currently identify that this is a duplicate?

If you populate the number of the customer claim in a specific field (e.g. PO number) you could use it as a basis for validation. For PO number there is standard setting to issue warning message, for other fields you will need the assistance of a developer. Where you will write the custom code depends on what field you use and how you create credit memo requests.

One possible way to handle the problem with duplicate credit memo requests is to have one user creating credit memo requests (entering a certain reference code to the customer claim) and a separate user validating the credit memo request and removing the billing block.

There is a standard workflow template for credit memo request approval, I suppose you could utilize it and, if needed, adapt it to your specific processes.

govindapnaveen
Participant
0 Kudos

its for Argentina country - for this reference number generating automatically i think some special setting for argentina.

Two different customer credit memo documents having same reference number. is there any way to put the validation and control for duplication of reference number check?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

govindapnaveen I am not sure what you mean by: "for this reference number generating automatically i think some special setting for argentina.". If you meant that you cannot use the PO field - this is totally fine, just find a suitable one (or create a Z-field).

If you meant that for a certain field used in Argentina localization you are not allowed according to local legislation to have duplicate numbers, and if this number is generated via standard coding (and your configuration is correct, of course) - the best approach is to submit a ticket.

If you meant that you need special validation for a specific field that is not available in standard - it is likely that you could do this via custom code, speak with your developer. As I mentioned, the exact place where you add the code depends on which field will be used, when this field is populated, etc. The exits available for SD are well-known, you can read the documentation in SPRO->Sales and Distribution->System Modifications.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi veselina.peykova,

Thanks for your support as always.

I have gone thru configuration and its fine.

I am trying to check SAP note to implement. as I heard there is a bug in SAP for that they released Sap note for specific to Argentina only to prevent a duplicate check from SD side.

govindapnaveen
Participant
0 Kudos

For Argentina official document number is generated from SD to FI.

here the problem is official document number (ODN) number is repeating in SD and same transferred to FI.

The official document number should be different for each document in SD .

Does anyone face this kind of issue?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you referred to the configuration guides and consulting notes specific to Argentina?

If not - please do so, it makes no sense to develop a custom solution if a solution is already available.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you post a query and give further updates, please add the content under "Comments" and not under "Answer" as you were not answering to a query but only providing additional informations as asked by the members. Also, when you add the text under Comments, it will be intimated to the person to whom you are responding whereas, if you add the text under Answer, the member will not be intimated. I am unable to convert this to Comment as already subsequent responses are there