cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Balance but no open items

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a problem where, during Euro conversion, a customer's account was not handled properly. Now, each year we have a balance on the customer account but I have no outstanding open items. I want to clear this customer account and close it but can't. I cannot reverse the problem documents as they are pre-EURO conversion so the system won't let me.

If I do F-02, F-32, F-30 etc it clears the balance but I get left with an outstanding open item. Once I process the open item, I get the balance back. I need to clear the balance. Anyone got any ideas how I can do this?

I'm in 4.7

TIA

Mitch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mitchell

Please also take a look at the notes mentioned below:

402917 and then 165356

Hope this helps. Please let me know.

Thanks and regards,

Karthik C P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitchell,

Your best bet is to go back to the Euro Conversion time. Check the Euro conversion account. It is likely to be 9999999.... depending on your G/L numbering format. There is the likelihood that the balance outstanding on the customer's account is sitting in this Euro Conversion account. Once you have identified this, then you would have to use transaction code <b>F-30</b>(Post With Clearing) , selecting radio button "<b>Transfer posting with clearing</b>" to post between the affected Customer and the Euro Conversion Account. This should clear the outstanding balance in the Customer's account.

I hope the above helps.

Do not forget to award the points please.

Regards,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

thank you for your swift reply. Unfortunately the issue is not with the reports. The issue is that I now have a balance that I cannot clear as I have no open items to clear. Somehow, I need to post against a customer and not leave any open items such that I clear an outstanding balance.

Mitch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good evening and greetings,

Please go through the following OSS Note

Note 193065 - Critical reports after euro changeover

Please reward points if found useful

Thanking you

With kindest regards

Ramesh Padmanabhan