cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Ageing - by posting period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All / Expert,

I'm facing the customer ageing which I want to display by posting date (parameter in selection criteria) but the total not accruate. The total ageing already reconciled with payment (amount minus payment = remaining balance).

Scenario

1. Display ageing for as at 31.3.2008

Ageing date :31.03.2008

Posting date :1.1.2008 to 31.3.2008

Total ageing :RM 100,000.00

2. Payment on 5.4.2008 is RM 50,000.00

3. 1. Display ageing for as at 14.3.2008

Ageing date :31.03.2008

Posting date :1.1.2008 to 31.3.2008

Total ageing :RM 50,000.00 *

• In accounting normal practise it should be display

RM 100,000.00 not RM 50,000.

I dont know what programming or system logic how this customer ageing work.I guess the default by system date not by posting date.

Anyone can tell me how customer ageing calculate the total ageing? Please help me, my client always blame me for this issue. I'm very appreaciated your help.

Thanks in advance.

uddin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

hopefully this solution from SAP Notes can give a light in the dark..:) :

Path: Reports => Accounting => Aging => Customer Receivables Aging/

Vendor Liabilities Aging.

Code - you can choose a range of customers that will be displayed in the report.

Customer Group - from the drop down menu you can choose the customers by the groups they have been assigned to in the BP master data

Properties - click on Properties in order to filter the customer

selection by their properties

Choose All - click this pushbutton in order to display all the customers in the report.

Aging Date - the age of the debts will be calculated according to this date. The default date is the computer's date.

E.g. if you are interested in displaying the debts as they were last

week, enter the date of last week and the debts will be calculated

according to the date you have entered.

Interval/Days - enter a range of days by which you would like to

divide the display of the debts.

Posting Date - you can enter a range of posting dates if you wish to

filter the contents of the report by posting dates

Due Date - you can enter a range of due dates if you wish to filter the contents of the report by due dates

Due Date by Journal Post. tab page.

Choose this tab page in order to display the debts of your customers including sales documents and journal entries.

Display BP with Amount Zero - check this box in order to display

customers whose account balance is currently zero.

Display Reconciled Transactions - check this box in order to display reconciled transactions. If you leave this box cleared, only

transactions which are not reconciled will be displayed in the report.

Consider Reconciliation Date - check this box if you wish to consider the reconciliation date in the report.

E.g. if an A/R Invoice is reconciled with an Incoming Payment, but if in the range of dates selected for the report, the A/R Invoice was not yet reconciled, the report will display this Invoice as open.

If you leave this box cleared, SAP Business One will check if the

Invoice was reconciled and will not display the Invoice even if the

it was not reconciled in the range of dates selected for the report.

Due Date by Sales Doc. tab page.

Choose this tab page in order to display the debts of your customers by sales documents.

Display BP with Amount Zero - check this box in order to display

customers whose account balance is currently zero.

Display List of Journal Entries - check this box for a detailed display of all the journal entries which are not linked to any document.

If you leave this box cleared, the journal entries will be displayed in

a single row.

Note! In case an Invoice has been partially cleared by an Incoming

Payment, the transactions created by these documents will be displayed as fully open when you run the report using Due Date by Journal Post.

However, if you run the report using Due Date by Sales Doc., the Invoice will be displayed with its open amount only.

let me know if you need more description

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jimmy,

Thanks for you help, actually I've get the solution which I've upgrade SAP B1 2005 A PL 11 to PL 45. This issue already resolved.