cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom defined fields without dropdown in Portal ESS:WorkingTime Recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client going live on 9/11 and they bring up this issue yesterday only .

Actually two custom fields like Record Indicator and Activity Class fields are created and maintained Value range

which can perfectly view dropdown list in Cat2 transaction . and not able to see the dropdown for the fields in portal ESS time recording iView. I didn't able to see the place where I can setup input type Dropdown list.

Please provide any suggestions

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PL search this forum for TCATS_SHLP_ITS & you will get the hints.

~Suresh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Did you add the fileds in cac2 tcode for the profiles defined under cac1 tcode.

if yes debug fm HRXSS_CAT_WD_RECORD and see whether you are getting those fields or not.

Did you maintain search helps for the additional fields

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks a lot for your reply, Infact I am waiting for your reply, I maintained CAC2 where only radio buttons for selecting Input

I am getting the fields in the iView and working perfectly but without dropdown

in Catsdb table we defined Custom fields with value ranges in domain because we got only 4 input choices. Do we has to maitain search help too. I followed your thread

/thread/1260458 [original link is broken]

being we are using CATSDB directly, as far as I know I dont see any infotype for enhancing and I am wondering How Gary solved this issue.

is there any table for defining input field types

Thanks!

Kindest Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved this problem by maintaining TCATS_SHLP_ITS. Got search help which can be manageble at client . but no luck for dropdown like Absence/ Attendance type field

Thank you all for supporting me

srinivas

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to develop something similar to attendance/absence type. This will require changes to the UI.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about your requirement. If its just a field you need to add to CATS WD java application, then you can do it without modifying front-end application. Please refer to the below link.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/ESSPersonalInformationUIenhancementwithoutmodification