cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

currency in PR for Item category "D"(services) is not editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When I create PR(t-code:ME51N) for service (item category D), the currency field is populated but is non-editable.

Query:

How to enable the currency field (Editable)

Thanks

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have solved the problem as below:

To make the currency in Purchase Requisition for services ( item category D) editable, we need to make changes in customisation.

The path is :

SPRO -->Material Management -->Purchasing -->Purchase Requisition -->Define Screen Layouts at Document Level

Select field PT9B (Service item, requisition) and click details icon.Then select Quantity and Price and perform Run.

The check box Display is selected for field Price and Price Unit.

If this is changed to Opt. Entry check box , the currency field become Editable.

Thanks for your replies.

Prasad

rwarri1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try this workaround. During PR creation, before you enter "D" in item category, change the currency code in the valuation tab. Once this is done, continue with your PR creation.

Hope this helps !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Purchase requisition "value" is not meant to be a price, it is meant to reflect the value of the item or service to the receiving plant. If the PR was for a stock item this would normally be the standard or moving average price form the material master and this is relevant to the plant.

It is needed to check the release strategies and so it has been designed to use the currency of the plant (company code). Not only can it not be chnaged but I would strongly suggest that you do not try to modify it so that it can be changed.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PR is an internal document. Hence, default currency is taken as the local currency of the company code.

Hope this answers your query.

Please reward points if you find this info useful.

Regards,

Priyadarshi