cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cumulative Lead Time -MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me, What is Cumulative Lead Time?. In MRP module, i can't use this function, althought i have already read help file.

Please explain for me!

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

helen_sun
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tien Le,

Max. Cumulative Lead Time - An additional time interval used to extend the time horizon after the MRP run end date for the MRP calculation. The Max. Cumulative Lead Time period is designed to include the MRP dependent requirements for the child tems in the MRP run date range. The parent item's due date falls in the range of the maximum cumulative lead time. According to the parent item's lead time (defined in the item master data), the MRP requirement for its child items falls in the range of the MRP

horizon. If the Max. Cumulative Lead Time is not specified, the MRP will not consider these requirements for the MRP Run.

Example: The MRP horizon starts on June 1st and ends on August 31st. The Maximum cumulative lead time is one month. A Sales Order's due date of a certain parent item falls in the middle of September (falls in the range of the maximum cumulative lead time). The lead time of the 'parent item' (as defined in the item master data) is 25 days,

so the requirements for the child item fall into the range of the MRP horizon. In this case, the requirements (orders) for the child item will be issued during the current MRP run.

Hope this can be helpful

Best Regards

Helen Sun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Helen Sun!

But i have already read this help file but i don't understand and done. Can you explain by other way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets start from the basics:

Lead time:

How long it takes the supplier to send you the goods / items.

OR

How long it takes you to manufacture the goods / items.

Now, when you use the Build of Material (BOM), you must add up all the child components' lead time that makes up the finish item (parent item).

When you run the MRP, what it does is first check when the Sales Order due date for the parent item is. Using this date, it compares it to the parent item's lead time, as well as the child components' lead time. If the Cumulative Lead Time of all the child components fall in the range of the time-frame, it will be reported out in the MRP report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tien Le ,

This MRP concept is best understood when you run the MRP by yourself and analyze. Let us perform a exercise

1. Create an item called as a Parent item (Make), Item A (Buy) and Item B (Buy), you will find 'make' and 'buy' in planning tab of item master data. don't forget to mark all three item as mrp in the same tab..!

2.Create a single level of BOM i.e. Parent item needs item A and Item B.

3.Create a sales order for parent item with qty as 1 date as on today and due date as on 15th of aug.

4.Create another sales order for parent item again with qty as 2 date as on today but now due date as on 20th of aug.

5. Now run MRP with start date as today and end date as on 15th aug. Consider only sales order and untick all others. Check the result and recommendations you will find no change in both.

6. Now run MRP again with start date as today and end date as on 15th aug. Consider only sales order and "Max. Cumulative Lead time = 5"

Now check the result and recommendation of MRP run you will find the difference and this difference is caused by cumulative lead time.

Result would be that the max cumulative lead time is the time limit that is added to your planning horizon.

Hope you understood.

Regards,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

when i extend time frame of MRP from 15 to 25. instead of 15 to 20. i will not fill in Max. Cumulative Lead time = 5

What is different between Extend Time anf fill in Max. Cumulative Lead time = 5" .

Can you explain!