Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports system layout requires database logon on SBO 8.81 PL06

bernhard_stbner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We detected a problem with Crystal Reports system layouts. We have different pc's which we have updated to SAP Business One 8.81 PL06. (We are not sure that PL06 is the problem). We open an A/R invoice and go to File > Preview Layouts. Then we choose a system layout with Crystal Reports. On some system the preview is displayed without problems. On other systems a window opens with database login for this database (http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7775/loginef.png). If you enter the password an click on next the same window appears again with servername "." and database "UKLDG" (http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/699/loginukldg.png).

We have copied the database from a system with this problem to another system without this problem and there the same database works too.

If you create an own report from this system layout and refresh the data source this layout works in opposite to the system layout.

Does anyone have an idea?

Kind regards

Bernhard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

bernhard_stbner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

SBO 8.81 PL09 is released.There is solved:

1618152 - System Crystal reports require database login that fails

I think you should update to the recent patch 10 if possible.

Regards

Bernhard

former_member184708
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Am going to open this up again as I've a customer on Ramp Up 8.82 PL3 who is now having this same problem with some of the reports. SAP Support say it is not their issue and I've been told that most resellers have their own internal pack of reports that they develop then supply as a value add -- in other words no help from SA{ with these issues.

Surely there is an English, Indian, German etc., pack of General and at least complimentary reports that are the equivalent of the currently supplied PLD reports that we do NOT have to spend hours and hours redeveloping. If anyone knows any more of this or can point me in a direction that is not Portal related I'd welcome it.

I've tried in my UK Core - ANZ Localisation (which is basically the UK system with some extra tax info for Australia ) the UK pack / GB pack and the US pack -

some of these work but some of the most standard and ordinary reports have field errors -- e.g. the Picking List from the Pick List Screen.................

For customer specific and custom reports then of course our customers are more than happy to pay the extra cost of developing but not for the stock standard reports ..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem with SBO 8.81 PL07

On Windows Server (2008), SQL Server 2008 R2, it opens they layout and prints well.

However, on the clients that run Windows XP, we get an error "Error during printing; ensure all parameters are defined" and when i go to File>Preview Layouts and select the crystal layout, I get a database logon window which I have not managed to get though no matter how many times i try using the right password.

In crystal reports, there appears to be a strange server IP address 10.58.83.155. Even when I update database source location, the problem is not resolved.

I would really appreciate if I find a solution to this problem.

bernhard_stbner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Today SBO 8.81 PL09 is released.There is solved:

1618152 - System Crystal reports require database login that fails

Symptom

After upgrade to patch 6 or 7 of 8.81 you may not be able to run Crystal reports including system reports.

Reproducing the issue

In certain environments (for example operating system Microsoft Server 2003 with Microsoft SQL Server 2005) if you run a Crystal report including system report you are not able to view or print the report. The dialogue box opens asking you to provide database credentials, after that is provided you will receive an error message 'Logon Failed. Please try again'. Renewed trials do not help.

Thank you to all for this discussion.

Regards

Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Stübner on Oct 14, 2011 2:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same kind of problem. When I try to run my personalised reports (created with CR on an other PC) in SBO, the 'database login" window appears like for Bernhard but the name of the database doesn't appear.

I tried all the solutions you mentioned on this thread, and even upgrading to PL09 didn't solve my problem.

My configuration : SBO8.81 PL09 + Windows Server 2008 + MSSQL 2008

My reports work fine on others PC with different configurations :

- SBO8.81 PL06 + Windows 7 + MSSQL 2008

- SBO8.81 PL06 + Windows XP + MSSQL 2008

- SBO8.81 PL06 + Windows Server 2003 + MSSQL 2008

Any ideas ?

Thanks

bernhard_stbner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Charly,

The problem we have reported was regarding system reports. It was possible to solve the problem in a personalised report but this means to have a lot of work.

Your problem sounds similar but I have no other idea than to renew the data source.

Regards

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charly,

Can you check out my post & let me know if your issue is similar?

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2060065&tstart=0.

I have to upgrade my customer to try to resolve this issue, but this would be the second bug fix upgrade in 2 months, so I don't want to put them through it if it won't resolve the issue...

If you have upgraded and are having issues, please log with SAP as it would appear to be a different issue to the one they have just solved, and they may not yet have it logged (I have been checking the notes!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having the same issue on a client server after upgrade from 8.81 PL05 to 8.81 PL08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Not sure if this is related or is a new problem.

Upgraded to 8.81 PL07 running on Windows Server 2003 and SQL Server 2008 R2.

Testing on server.

Opened an existing doc layout which works fine in 8.8 PL18 based on OINV in Crystal designer, created a new datasource using SAP B1 data source type pointing to mu upgraded database.

Mapped all tables and the stored procedure to the required tables in the new datasource for the main report and subreports.

Did test run in Crystal and worked OK

Did 'Preview in SAP Business One' and got an error after entering the docentry and objectid fields as follows.

Database Connector Error :''

Failed to retrieve data from the database

Error in file ~crw{lots of junk for the temp file name}{more junk}.rpt

Database Connector Error

Looked in the SQL Profiler and had the error below when the parameter prompt was displayed in B1.

2011-08-01 14:20:07.93 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 8.

2011-08-01 14:20:07.93 Logon Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Password did not match that for the login provided. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

I saved the report into B1 and tried to print an invoice and had the same errors.

In the profiler the error is preceded by calls reading the details froim the RDOC table. Looking at the queries after the error it looks like it is trying to read the various tables in the layout.

Anyone have any ideas?

Rob

Edited by: Rob Gaveston on Aug 2, 2011 1:57 AM

Problem in this response solved. It wasn't related to database login. I will post this item in a new thread along with my findings.

former_member184708
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree with Bernhard - and also, we should not have to set the datasource location on every one of the layouts supplied by SAP on the portal. If we are beginning to work with Starter Pack customers who do not expect to pay for a lot of consulting, they will not want to pay for us to do this job every time.

Rgds

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to install MS SQL 2005 native client AND MS SQL 2008 native client also.

This worked for me, and the database logon disappear.

Regards,

Andrá

bernhard_stbner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello András,

We have 2 server with SBP 8.81 PL06:

Server 1:

Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2005. Here we have the problem. SQL Server Native Client 2005 and 10.0 are installed. I have deinstalled Native Client 10.0 and installed a newer version for SQL server 2008 R2 but this does not help.

Server 2:

Windows Server (2008), SQL Server 2008 R2. Here we don't have this problem.

So maybe this is a problem with SQL Server 2005 and PL06 or with windows XP and Windows 7.

Regards

Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Stübner on Jul 22, 2011 10:57 AM

Edited by: Bernhard Stübner on Jul 22, 2011 10:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any SAP Note for this issue? I want to run an upgrade and Iu2019m thinking of upgrading to 8.81 PL07 but I want to check if this is fixed in 8.81 PL07.

Looking at 1606253 - Overview Note for SAP Business One 8.81 patch 07, I can only see two fixes related to Crystal Reports but not sure if these are relevant to the issue described here.

Thank you,

Cristina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

please note SAP has identified the issue and is working on it, it happens for certain operating systems that system Crystal reports and customised as well are affected, e.g. Windows Server 2003, Vista is for instance not affected.

Rgds,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Do we have any tentative date when this issue can be closed by SAP? And how would we know if a solution for this issue is released.

Thanks,

Vineela.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A date for the fix would be gratefully received.

we have just rolled a client on to PL07 on a site where only one machine is running something other than XP.

As you can imagine, this is causing no end of problems.

They are happy that SAP are aware and sorting but a fix date would be great.

Many thanks,

ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked SAP Notes and there still isn't even a Note that appears for UKLDG problem.

We really needa fix for this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Has SAP issued any note for this issue ?

Can you also share with us tentatilvely when this issue will be resolved ?

Please note and convey to concern authority at SAP that it is extreme difficult for partner consultants to face customers in this situation.

BR

Samir Gandhi

On Aug 5, 2011 5:53 PM , Julius wrote

Re: Crystal Reports system layout requires database logon on SBO 8.81 PL06

Posted: Aug 5, 2011 5:53 PM

Hi All,

please note SAP has identified the issue and is working on it, it happens for certain operating systems that system Crystal reports and customised as well are affected, e.g. Windows Server 2003, Vista is for instance not affected.

Rgds,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if this issue will be resolved in PL09?

former_member184708
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bernhard -- SAP were absolutely no help at all and I knew I wasn't going mad. Works fine with XP until PL6 and then doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can i know what you are using in the crystal reports means are you using any sub reports?

if you using sub reports in your report then refresh all the sub report before open the report in the other system

i had the same problem and i resolved with my own by updating the database

using right click on the database field in field explorer window select set datasource location option and update the ur database once by replacing with same database and check it once

may be it will help you

bernhard_stbner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu,

In SBO 8.81 PL06 we opened an original system report from SAP in preview and got the message. We don't had this problem with earlier versions. It is not an own report. You are right, if we update the datasource it will work.

Regards

Bernhard

bernhard_stbner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dániel, hi Marilyn,

Thank you for your answers. Last Friday my colleague was on a SAP workshop about Crystal Reports. Other participants which have Windows XP and SBO 8.81 PL06 had the same problem. With windows 7 it runs better, the preview works but other things in Crystal layout not. Preparing a notebook for this workshop we have new installed SBO 8.8 PL 21 and there is runs. Even the teacher from SAP had the same problem.

Regards

Bernhard

former_member184708
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have had the same problem with the SAP Crystal Report Pack - only happens with Patch Level 6 - we have others in the office running lower patches with no problems. I've reported this to SAP but they do not want to know about the problem. To correct, I had to reset the datasource on every single report on every table OR if you create your own reports then there is no problem at all.

This also happens with the reports on the PL6 of Starter Pack License.

Rgds

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Check the following:

the report was made on a PC by a person who has rights to use the SQL server with his windows user and name, thus he uses integrated security.

The problematic PC's user doesn't have the right on SQL server to do such.

Refresh the datasource with forexample SA user, also, use a datasource with a full server ip.

then upload it to SBO and try again.

if this fails, use the SAPBO connector instead of OLEDB and such, and login with manager while building the report.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

D

Edited by: Dániel Omaisz Takács on Jul 18, 2011 1:50 PM