cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit memo net due date is not correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In most cases the net due date of customers credit memos (posting key 11) is correct based on payment terms but sometimes itu2019s not (e.g. payment terms 30 days end of month but net due date is the same as document date).

Any ideas why?

I checked payment terms in customer master data and in FI and they are the same.

Thanks for your help,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member348872
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my understanding, For credit memos, due date is equal to Base line date and will not consider the pay terms. If base line date is changed due date also gets changed accordingly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, MaDhU ReDdY.

I did some tests and it seems net due date is equal to baseline date indeed.

I have an example of credit memo with baseline date in line with payment terms but another example with baseline date which is different from payment terms and the net due date is changed accordingly.

I saw t.code VF01 was used and nothing was changed in FI.

Do you know if the baseline date can be modified in SD?

Is it automatically updated according to some parameters in SD?

Regards,

Ben

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The general rule is that the due date of a credit memo is the baseline date.

There are 2 exceptions: if you put the number of an invoice in the field BSEG-REBZG (Number of the Invoice the Transaction Belongs to), the due date of the credit memo is the due date of the invoice.

2nd exception: if you put the constant 'V' in this field REBZG (you can do it thru a substitution rule), the due date will be calculated the same way as for an invoice.

You can see this in the documentation of the data element REBZG:

A special rule applies to credit memos which have a "V" in this field.

The due date is determined in the same way as for an invoice. If the field is empty (containing neither a document number nor a "V") the due date is the baseline date for payment.