cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit memo- invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i created an invoice for 800 qty, now against to this invoice i want to create a creditmemo req and creditmeo for 250 qty.

if i do like thiswhat r the effects will happened?

cheers

Sumith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

At the time of invoice effect will be

GR/IR will be debit

Party will be credit.

At the time is credit memo effect will be

Party will be debit

Charges will be credit.

GOPAN

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

If you create an invoice for 800 Qty in Tcode MIRO and then process a Credit Memo for 250 Qty in the same Tcode then it is imperative that the goods receipt is also reversed in Tcode MIGO. When the goods are returned it can be reversed in MIGO. Once the entries are reversed in MIGO the GR becomes 550 for which you can appropriately raise a Credit Memo in Tcode MIRO. If you do like this your Goods Receipt (GR) and your Invoice Receipt (IR) will always match.

If you create a credit memo in Tcode MIRO with out reversing in MIGO, in that case your returns to vendor will not be accounted in Stock and your Goods Receipt and Invoice Receipt will not match. Hope this clarifies your query.

cheers

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sumith

the credit memo is always in terms of amount and not quantity. So plz check. Quantity wil happen in goods return. In which ur asset account will get credit and vendor account will get debit with the same amount as the purchase price buked in MIRO.

thanx

alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope out of 800 Qty, 250 might be rejected for Quality Issue.

Then you have to post the credit memo in FB65.

Here you are reducing you liability that is AP to the vendor right?

When Purchase it would be

Purchase

To Vendor

Here you are debiting the Vendor Account.

So, It will reduce your liability

Warm Regards,

Sivakumar Sathiyamoorthy