cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit customer differs from credit limit customer in header

former_member305466
Participant
0 Kudos

My user has tried to change payer in sales order line item Ex: A to B and got an error message "Credit limit customer differs from credit limit customer in the header "

Now the user reverted payer to original one ''A" and there is a checkbox in the partner as "Item Partner"

If the user tries to change partner in the order header now from "A" to "B" system gives an error message Credit limit customer differs from credit limit customer in the header " Why is this a standard behavior?

My Question was

1) I rejected the 1 line item which is having checkbox "item partner" as there are other line items in sales order and tried changing in the order header partner payer from "A" to 'B' gives an error Credit limit customer differs from credit limit customer in the header

Is this a Bug?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member305466
Participant
0 Kudos
VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that this is a bug (at least not in the sense that a feature works differently than described). According to 2701579 - Changing the payer on sales order header leads to error VP237:

"According to standard design it is not allowed to have different payers on header and item level if credit management is active. With the 'Item partners' flag being set on the item level payer, the system cannot redetermine the partner after changes are made on header level, therefore it stays different than the header payer."

Note 370573 - No alternative payer possible at item level is even more specific:

"A change of this logic is not possible. The system behaves according to the design of the credit management, where the credit check can only be carried out for the complete document and not for individual items. Therefore, there can only be one credit account (VBAK-KNKLI) within a sales order."

The program logic does not check whether an order item is rejected or not, it checks first if credit account is determined (in your case - yes), then it checks the credit accounts for all payers in the sales order.

You could follow the recommendations from note 2701579 - either set the new payer to use the main credit account or delete the item partner. I suspect that the user entered an item partner by mistake, it is a good idea to double-check with them and be on the safe side.

If it turns out that this item should have a different payer from the rest of the items and that these need to be with separate credit accounts - create a separate order for this item (as mentioned in note 370573) and for the existing order - delete the item partner and reject the item.

former_member305466
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply...user entered the wrong payer mistakenly in the order and saved. what user did again incorrectly was instead of changing in the header partner payer user tried to change item partner payer system throws an error "Credit limit customer differs from credit limit customer in the header"

If the user tries to change now in the header payer system again throws an error "Credit limit customer differs from credit limit customer in the header"

if we reject that "particular line item partner checked" which had issue .. Why the system is not allowing to change for the other line items if we change payer in the header?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you post a query and give further updates, please add the content under "Comments" and not under "Answer" as you were not answering to a query but only providing additional informations as asked by the members. Also, when you add the text under Comments, it will be intimated to the person to whom you are responding whereas, if you add the text under Answer, the member will not be intimated. By the way, your above answer has been converted as comment by me.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sree.harsha2 read again my answer and the notes.

Rejecting an item does not influence the check on partners, the program will check all payers.

You still have an item partner in the order.

When you try setting a partner on header level it won't change the payer partner on item level, this is standard behavior.

Just delete the payer on item level, then change the partner on header level.

former_member305466
Participant
0 Kudos

if i try to delete line item partner...Function PY is defined in the header and not deletable here

Message no. VP444 Diagnosis Header partners cannot be deleted at the item level.

we can't delete header partner as payer is mandidatory

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sree.harsha2 maybe it will be easier if you post a screenshot of VBPA for your sales order and also a screenshot showing how you delete the partner.

You mentioned that the user tried to change the partner on item level, which is why I proposed deleting the item partner. Check in VBPA whether you are using the right order item.

former_member305466
Participant
0 Kudos

updated screenshots there is some issue in uploading screenshots in comments section

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sree.harsha2 you obscured the item partner checkbox and I cannot see the item number in the screenshot where you attempt to delete the partner. Is this the detail of item 1920 on item-partner-delet.png where you are trying to delete the partner?

former_member305466
Participant
0 Kudos

yes i am trying to delete line item 1920 and all the other line items which carry partner PY

former_member305466
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion...I understand what you are telling now:)

I have deleted line item 1920 Payer partner and updated in the header with new no it has updated all the line items

Thanks everyone

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sree.harsha2 if you see the item partner checkbox for the payer, you selected only the line with PY only and tried to delete this one, this does not seem to me like standard or expected behavior. In my system VP444 occurs only in FM SD_PARTNER_SINGLE_MODIFY. I guess, you could resort to debugging at this point. Deleting the item partner for payer is possible in standard, but there might be some custom logic in your system interfering with this.