Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card charged multiple times

dattatreya1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have got a problem.

Customer has created an invoice for amount 66.97 USD.

Instead of charging credit card once for amount 66.97, it has charged twice, one for 14.97USD & 52USD (Which will total to 66.97USD.

So even tough total amount is correct, why instead of charging customer's credit card once for 66.97USD, it has charged 2 times.

I checked in sales order->Payment cards tab and found that in "Authorization Status" details, Amount changed checkbox is ticked. May this be the reason. Please advise.

Thanks,

Dattatreya N R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dattatreya1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a sales order, you can enter credit card data manually, or copy it from the payer master record. You can enter one card in the sales order overview screen. You are able to enter multiple cards or multiple authorizations on one card, in the payment card plan in the sales order header. The system automatically authorizes the sales order when you save it. Such authorization usually requires a call to the partner software (for instance XiPay from Paymetric) which carries over the data across the PCI interface and receives back response from the authorizing bank or card provider

Coming to my issue given above:There we changes done manually in the order which affected the material availability and thus changing the schedule lines. The design is configured for My project SAP OTC to use the availability horizon of 3 days. The clearing to Credit card based on the authorizations is standard SAP.

Thanks,

Dattatreya N R

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Looks like the order value is $66.92.

In SAP you can manually limit each authorization value to any amount you want. It looks like the user limited the first auth to 52.00. However, for an order to be confirmed with a payment card there has to be an authorization for the entire order amount.

That is the reason SAP went out for a second authorization for the balance amount of 14.92. In table VBAK you will find two values for the field RPLNR for the above sales order number.

Thanks,
Ravin