Creation of Inter company Subcontracting PO

naveesom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have 2 company codes .

1710 company code --> has plant 1710

1720 Company Code--> has plant 1720.

I need to create a Inter company subcontracting PO. I have BP supplier by name BP1710 for which a plant 1710 has been assigned.

Now I am trying a subcontracting PO in plant 1720 and vendor BP1710. The system considers its as STO process and throws up a error message as below

"no delivery type defined for supplying plant 1710 and document type NB "

Please suggest what I am doing wrong.

naveesom
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is a new implementation scenario we are working on.

Company 1710 is only responsible for buying the raw materials and selling the finished products. 1720 is the actual manufacturing unit. So we need to transfer the raw materials from 1710 and get the finished products from 1720.

1710 company pays only the subcontracting service charges to company 1720. So for this scenario I am creating the inter company subcontracting PO. Please let me know the steps .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor

I've a couple of questions - which order type do you regularly use for your subcontracting orders?

And - why do you want to do subcontracting orders for this? Why not just go ahead and create production orders with cross plant / cross company material movements?

Thanks!

naveesom
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi.. Thanks for the response. This is a new implementation scenario we are working on.

Company 1710 is only responsible for buying the raw materials and selling the finished products. 1720 is the actual manufacturing unit. So we need to transfer the raw materials from 1710 and get the finished products from 1720.

1710 company pays only the subcontracting service charges to company 1720. So for this scenario I am creating the inter company subcontracting PO. Please let me know the steps or if anything wrong with the steps I have followed.

Thanks,

Naveen

mk_04
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen S,

Please check the configuration, whether you have assigned delivery type NLCC for the document type and supplying plant.

Use the path: OLME --> Purchase order --> set up stock transport order --> configure delivery type and availability check procedure by plant

Thanks,

Mallikarjun