Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Transport of Copies after EHP imp[lementation

juanggarcia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

One quick question about this issue.

If I have atransport, released before the implementation of the EHP6, when I make a copy of the released transport (transport of copies) after the implementation, the "upgraded" version of the objects will be included, Correct?

I can give you the reasons for this question if you are interested.

Thanks

Juan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good Day

During the EHP installation the SUM tool prompts you to release all the unreleased transport requests. Once they are released the cannot be modified anymore.

After the EHP upgrade if you create a transport request from a released transport with the transport of copies option and include the objects which are part of the old transport then the new transport request will have the latest version if there was a change in the version due to the upgrade.

This is my understanding. I don't think the system is extracting data from the data file of the transport request to create a new one. Instead it must be using the objects in the transport request as a reference to the objects in the SAP system and then creating a new transport request with the objects in the system.

Check these links:

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/application-development/blog/2012/11/13/transport-management-with-...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/57/38e1a94eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards

RB

juanggarcia
Explorer
0 Kudos

As I understand it now, the system reads the list from the old (released pre EHP) transport and collect the objects again (in the version currently active in the system). This ensures that the "old version" of the objects is not picked up. In other words it wrks based on a list of objects, not making physical copies of the original transport.

Thank you all for your valuable input.

Juan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Once the TR is released, it unlocks the objects of the corresponding TR, when you applied EHP6, if any changes happened to same object which you were enhanced in the earlier TR, does not have any relation with the old TR, It's again a free object (not used in any TR). So, you have to again change that particular object after implementing EHP in QAS/PRD system and transport it again. Suppose, if you didn't released the TR, then you have to do SPDD/ SPAU after enhancement.

Regards

kartik

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Post upgrade transport of copies on old transports will not include updated version.

You need to create a new transport request and include all the objects once again into this request to have the latest versions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

juanggarcia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thnk you both.

Deepak, when you say "...create a new transport request and include all the objects once again into this request to have the latest versions...." you mean create a new transport and include the objects by looking at the object list of the original released transport??

Thanks again.

Juan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Assumption : You have completed the upgrade and ABAP object adjustments using SPDD and SPAU.

Now if you want to have to include the same object list with new version, you need to create a transport request using SE09.

Go to the detailed screen of the transport. Go to change mode. In the objects tab, you can see a table for the object details. click on the ADD button. Give the Program ID as R3TR. Object ID depends on the object type. You can find the list of values in F4. In the object name, give your object name. Select that entry and click on the LOCK button. 

The object will be locked under the TR.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that there has been any change in the object if EHP tool has not prompted you about the lock object in the transport. Only think that would have changed would be activating it again with version 7.31.

When you release the transport it will get release with version 7.31.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol