cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating structured texts for purchase requisitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to define structured texts for purchase requisitions. By example, the item text would be like this :

Building :

Room :

and the user should only complete the missing information.

Does anybody have an idea on how to realize this ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not a simple thing to do.

The item text comes from the material master (if you are using one) and so you could easily have the text for that as "Building Room" and the material text can be changed (if you configure the system correctly) so they could just add the information.

But you are limited to the size of the material text and so many people just use a non-material approach and manually key in the information in the text options rather than the Item text on the requisition line on the main screen. But in this case it is not a standard option to preformat the text as you require.

It is almost as if configurable materials may help, these use the classification function and so they have characteristics, it would be easy enough to have a characteristic for room and one for building. The user would then be prompted to enter just the values for each and so it would do exactly what you need.

But I don't have enough detailed experience of configurable materials to know for sure that you could use them like this, perhaps someone who knows them well could confirm if this would work?

Whatever happens it is not a simple standard option, but SAP is very flexible and so there may be a reasonable work-around option.

Steve B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I made a test with material text and it's working fine.

I'll submit this solution to the business and see if this can fit their requirements.

Best regards.

MC.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marie

Can u give little brief how you have done with with material text.

Thanks in advance.

sairam akundi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Maintain material master record - view Purchase Order Text with the text you'd like to see pre-filled in your PR

2. In customizing : SPRO-Materials management-Purchasing-Purchase Requisition-Texts for purchase requisition-Define text types, you should find the standard text type 04 - Material PO text

3. In customizing : SPRO-Materials management-Purchasing-Purchase Requisition-Texts for purchase requisition- Define copying rules, make sure the Text linkages for text type 04 is mentionning Purchase Order Text with blank in column Fix to be able to modify the text in the PR

4. when you create a PR with ME51N, you can see your predefined text in Material PO text

Best regards.

MC.