cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Material with different characteristic values for different regions in SAP MM01

0 Kudos

Hello SAP / SAP MM Experts,

We have a very critical requirement of creating a Material in MM01 (Its not an actual material - its a service that we are building as a material in SAP). Idea is to be able to create one product/material and launch it different regions. We have learnt that this is possible by doing the Sales Organization/Plant Configuration, we can extend the same material to different plants, however there is no way we can change the Characteristics of the material in the classification tab.

Is there any way possible for us to have different characteristic values for different plans> Any help would be really appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rob_ariaans
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can assign a plant-specific configurable material on the MRP3 view in the material master.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member337117
Contributor

Namratha,

Can you confirm which batch level you are using whether it is 022 or 023? If you have batch maintained at plant level you can assign different characteristics but if you have maintained at Material/client level then I am afraid, it is not possible to have separate characteristics.

Pls change the batch level and check.

Regards,

Vignesh Bhatt

peter_kamenik
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, probably the best way would be to switch on batches for this materials.

Or, since this is the non-stockable material type, DIEN I guess, I would create another material master. Obviously only if this is not in conflict with another business processes.

Petr

0 Kudos

Thank you guys! I was able to configure materials based on the approach you suggested. Could you please confirm whats the best approach for deploying same product in different regions? Is using plant concept for differentiating between regions a good approach? Please suggest if there is any other way to do this.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your prompt response. I tried changing the batch level to Plant level. However this did not help my case. It still doesnt let me change anything in the classification tab if I try to extend the material for a diff plant. I tried following a cookbook that I found to create a configurable material and them use it in MRP3 as you suggested.

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/Cook+Book+-+Configurable+material+and+material+variants#Co...

I was able to create the first material and attach the configurable material. However when i try to extend it for a different plant, it does not give me the option to change anything on the MRP3 screen.