cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating DME payment file after creating proposal not after payment run

Former Member
0 Kudos

I setup automatic payment process for our vendor payments and now I can create DME payment files using F110 successfully. But this file is created after payment run and when this file is created, also vendor and bank account postings have done . I want to create DME file but I don't want any account posting. I want to send DME file to our bank and when our bank send us a payment confirmation for payment orders in DME file, I want to do postings on system. So I want to create DME file after creating proposal, not after payment run. How can I do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this thread from

The best practice is you should only create at the time of payment run, NOT the proposal.

If your need to deleted / edit the proposal, then if you run the proposal again, then it could create duplicate files. Therefore, you should never create a file at the time of proposal. Instead, you should create at the time of payment run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, but isn't there another way to prevent account posting? I need to get a payment confirmation file referring to my DME file from our bank to do account postings. I don't want to make any posting without getting a confirmation from bank.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Account Postings are made at the time of "payment run" but not proposal.

Why should bank give their confirmation to do the account postings. The confirmation should usually comes from the Senior Management in the organisation (usually) to make the account postings (payment run).

If you want a confirmation, just send the download of the proposal to the concerned party.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bank won't give a confirmation to my account postings. They will give confirmation that they made payment successfully, or maybe bank cannot make payment because of cash deficit or another reason. Then at this time acoount postings related to payment should be reversed. I don't want to reverse account postings. Or maybe bank can pay after 2-3 days. Then I will see incorrent account balances for these 2-3 days until payment is realized.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would not expect the bank to reject the payment on a daily basis. It would be once in a blue moon. If there are regular such cases, then you should get overdraft facility from the bank. Other than that, I do not see any reason to reject the payment, unless the bank accounts are on the file is wrong, which is out of question.

If you want to reconcile then you should implement the electronic bank statement, then your bank main account would always be in sync with the bank statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alpen,

In Addition to Ravi's Suggestion, in case the payments are rejected by bank due to whatever reason, you can reverse and reset the Payment using t. code FBRA. So, your invoice will again be Open and after making the necessary corrections, you can clear the invoice again.

As Ravi mentioned, bank is not going to reject your payments on a daily Basis. So create the files on Payment run as Payment proposals can be deleted and there are high changes of discrepancies in such case.

BR

Amitash