cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an absence type for EHSM

Former Member
0 Kudos

While we configure an absence type for SAP EHS Management to be used in the incident management application. Do we have to assign counting rules , deduction rules and quota.

Also, would this absence process through Time Eval or payroll once EHSM application creates it on PA30 or on the incident management side.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kary,

You definitely need to assign counting rule to absence type. Otherwise, you won't be able to save absences in IT2001. About deduction rule and quota, it depends on your requirement whether the particular absence type has quota or not.

If the particular absence type has quota, then you will require deduction rule as well as quota.

Any absence will get processed in time evaluation or payroll only when it is captured in IT2001 whether you do it through PA30 or any other process. Of course, you would need to define absence valuation rule for the given absence type for it to be evaluated in payroll.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question , I have 25 PSG's in V_001p_D for all personnel area sub area combinations and all should use this new absence type. I am linking all of them with the new absence type in table T554S . Is there a way I could do this with just one entry in t554S instead of 25 entries for all PSG's.

I tried using * but it gave an error and mentioned about using numeric values

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the personnel subarea grouping for absences and attendances are different for different personnel areas and personnel subareas, then you will have to create this absence for each grouping. I would recommend to first create for one grouping and then copy to extend to other groupings.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the expert and speedy advice, it is definitely appreciated!!

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad your issue is resolved