Hi everybody, I am working in ERP 4.7 and in transaction ME51N I have button Document Overview and option to create a requisition from a contract. But when I search the contract, select this and press Adopt button the system don´t do nothing.
What can I do? Can I create a requisition from a contract?
Thanks in advance
To answer straight to your question:
NO. A Preq can not be created with reference to a contract as you are trying (from document overview on the left side in ME51n).
But, as Prashanth explained, it can be created by assignment to a contract. How it works? :
1) Setup a material
2) Mark the material as source list required in purchasing view of the material master
3) Create a contract for the material in that plant
4) Create a source list...source of supply should be that vendor of contract and contract with item# and plant and porg
5) Assign the material with appropriate MRP type to be able to execute the planning run
6) Your MRP will automatically assign the preqs so generated in planning, to the contract picked up from the source list. The mandatory thing is, mark source list line with MRP relevant indicator 1 ...
7)If more than one source is available, you may mark fixed source in the source list
😎 If nothing is marked fixed and if more than one valid source available, MRP doesn't assign any source but when you try to assign the PReq, it proposes all valid sources.
There are infinite variations possible based on requirements in each project. We use much better version of the above process which I couldn't explain here because it is laborious...
Hope, this helps!