cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a condition record for output determination PO (combination of plant, printer and user)

former_member657006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Please advice how I can create a condition record for output determination with combination of plant, printer and user (for PO).

I need to set default printer LOCL for one SAP-user in Purchase orders.

Please tell me the desired transaction or SPRO-path.

THANK YOU in advance
Annet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check purchasing group in PO and find any assignment of other printer(not LOCL) to that purchasing group in config...

Alternatively check SU01-----any parameter ID assigned with any default value on output device!

Along with above- just cross check with Basis team for printer setting.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hi Annet, you should not put a user id as a partner role in the condition record.

Typically you leave the partner number blank in the condition record. It will be filled with the correct partner number from the actual purchase order for which the output is being determined.

If you need to specify an output device (printer) per SAP user id, put the device name in the user profile (transaction SU3), leave the output device field in the output record blank and use print parameter = S as advised in the note 1854376 - NAST: Output device determination for printing of purchasing document:

Dominik Tylczynski

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Condition records to determine output of purchase orders are defined in: Logistics -> Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Master Data -> Messages -> Purchase Order - transactions MN04, MN05, MN06. You can specify the printer directly in a condition record.

Refer to note 1854376 - NAST: Output device determination for printing of purchasing document for details on printer determination.

Dominik Tylczynski

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why cannot assign your printer(output device) LOCL in spool control segment in default TAB of your particular user ID in SU3 or SU01 transaction code!

former_member657006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bijay,

I tried this setting - it does not work. I specified printer LOCL for the user in the transaction SU3, but another printer is pulled in purchase orders. Therefore, I am looking for other options.

Annet

former_member657006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

thank you very much for the information! I was thinking about this setting 🙂
But usually we created records here for suppliers, rather than simple sap-users (like me).

When I enter my username in the field "Partner", I get the message "No master record exists for supplier XXX" or "Customer XXX (contact partner has not been created)".

Maybe I should choose a different role? What role would you use for the regular SAP-user here?

I would be glad to any advice. Thank you very much! 🙂

Annet