cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country Activation Currency Scope related [Urgent]

0 Kudos

1. Local currency (Company Code currency) vs Group currency

l Are Local and Group currency selectable in any accounting report?
I believe Company code currency is selectable in any reports but group currency looks like some apps aren’t selectable as below.

Balance Sheet/Income Statement

Company Code and Group currency are selectable.

Manage Journal Entries

Company Code is selectable. Group currency are not selectable. (Please correct me if I’m wrong.)

2. Local currency vs Group currency vs Functional currency (Currencies | SAP Help Portal)

l Are there any restriction and functional differences between them?

l What are the pros and cons of those currencies?

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello sapjapan1.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Finance" for this question, as Group Currency is an Object related to Finance Line of Business.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

With regards to your first question, please note that the group/global currency can be seen in the 'Manage Journal Entries' app once a journal entry is selected. When viewing a journal entry, in the bottom right corner you should see 'Select Currency' and 'Global Currency' should be an option here. You should also be able to see 'Group Currency Amt' under 'General Data' when selecting a specific line item of a journal entry.

Of the following apps, only 'Display Line Item Entry' doesn't have the option to view group/global currency:

• Balance Sheet/Income Statement
  • Display Line Items in General Ledger
  • Display Line Item Entry
  • Display G/L Account Balances
  • Manage Journal Entries
  • Journal Entry Analyzer
  • Trial Balance

If checking a specific app, please search both keywords 'Group' and 'Global', as either could be used depending on the app.

Please see the following 2 documentations where Global Currency use and configuration is referenced:

Currencies

Setting Your Group Currency

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

With regards to your second question, the Company Code Currency is the national currency based on the location of a given company code (i.e. if a company code is based in Hungary, the Company Code Currency is automatically chosen as HUF and cannot be changed).

The Company Code Currency is automatically chosen as the Functional Currency for a given company code, but if most of the transactions in that company code use a different currency than that local currency, you may choose to define your own Functional Currency as a result.

Each company code can only have one additional currency defined and the Functional Currency for a given company code is the same for all Ledgers in the company code.

Finally the purpose of the Global Currency is to compare all business transactions in a single currency. It is the same for all company codes and ledgers.

I hope this clarifies the differences/purposes of these 3 currency types.

Please see also the following documentation on these topics:

Create Additional Currency Types

Define Functional Currency