cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Could not read text' pop-up in IT0128 (Notifications)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have customized the Notifications subtype to Z1, Z2, Z3 and Z4. The configuration works every time the Create button is used. However, once the record already exists and the Change button is ticked a pop-up occurs indicating 'Could not read text'.

I have already tried configuring the text in SO10 to be consistent with that in Infotype 0128 but it does not work. We would like to keep the subtype values as is (Z1-Z4).

If anyone needs further information, let me know. Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

Vance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Vanessa

Did you find the solution for that?

I'm having the same problem, and still haven't found anything.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you also customize the subtypes of your notifications? If that is the case, we have the same query. We investigated the issue already and came up with several options, but it is still approval to the business side. For me, option 1 is still the best way to go.

OPTION 1:

In order to correct the issue, delete the customized subtypes and configure back the original subtype 1: General Notification and 2: Personal Notification. Configure the customized subtypes deleted in the text name field by putting the values in transaction Code SO10. Then add the text name field in the Infotype.

OPTION 2:

A Possible Code Change for Infotype 128 by commenting out the module pool that validates the text name field and subtype in the Infotype. Then create a new Include program that will cater to the customized subtype.

OPTION 3:

No Changes will occur but take note that changing, displaying and copying are not possible in PA30 and PA20. The only possible way to view Infotype 128 is the Overview button.

For those that have a different solution, please feel free to drop a line. I hope these options will help you as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Bernd. But, I do have authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vance,

my first thought Authorizations. If you haven't donw yet please call transaction SU53 after the Popup 'Could not read text' is displayed.

Regards

Bernd