Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not locate OBServer.dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I'm testing using the SDK 2005.

When I run the SDK 2005 samples, it tried to locate the OBServer.dll.

Where can I find this file?

Thanks,

Bruce.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinidad,

>>Do you have problems running the samples?

Yes. I have problems running the sample.

I found the OBServer.dll.

OK. Im running both SAP Business One2004A and 2005A(Evaluation version) on my machine.

For the evaluation version, i didn't install the Server tools because if I install the Server Tools, the 2004A Server Tools will not work.

Then I uninstall the 2005 Evaluation. And leave the SDK uninstall.

My only purpose is only to run the 2005 SDK sample. Is there any conflict with SDK Licensing (because I allready have my SDK 2004)

Need advise on how to run the samples.

Thank in Advance,

Bruce.

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

You cannot have both versions installed at the same time (nor Business One nor the SDK), you will have conflicts.

I recommend you to deinstall both and reinstall only one of them at the same time.

If you need to run a 2005 sample depending on the sample you can run it on a 2004 version or not, it depends if the sample is using the new objects/methods/enums... of 2005 or not.

If the sample is using only 2004 functionalities, you only have to change the UI/DI API references in the sample for the ones of 2004. Otherwise you need to install 2005 version, but to be sure everything works you should deinstall first 2004 version.

You can after running the sample you want, come back to your 2004 version after deinstalling 2005 and reinstalling 2004.

Regards

Trinidad.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Why do you want to locate the OBServerdll.dll library?

Do you have problems running the samples?

The OBServerdll.dll should be in your %temp% directory, please have a look to the following post to have more details:

If you don't find it is because there must be a problem in your installation. Did you deinstall everything in your PC before running the new autoinstall procedure?

I you don't have it I will recomend you to deinstall and reinstall your 2005 from the beginning, maybe there is one of the components with a wrong version. Which version are you using?

Regards

Trinidad.

barend_morkel2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should not have to worry about this. The file should be located on the SBO server (where the server tools is installed) and will be "downloaded" to the client machine upon connection establishment...