Did you mean: 

Could not find sbo that match the connection string - 64 bit version

former_member221339
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I get this error when trying to run an application I have written for B1 V9 PL8

After reading the forums I set the target cpu to x64 and recompiled

I deleted the current ui api and di api and added a reference to C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One DI API\DI API 90 for the di api ( sapbobscom90 ) and C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One for the ui api ( sapbouicom.exe )

Doesn't seem to mention 64 bit in the references ?

After creating the install program using the B1 Development environment I changed the target cpu to x64, recompiled and reset the ard file

Now I get an error saying an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format

Do I need a 64 bit version of B1WizardBase as well ?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Regards Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Yes you will need the 64bit of B1Wizardbase.

But, just curious, if you are creating a new customization, why dont you fully use the B1Studio and the SBO 9 Framework ?

This way, you can get away with B1Wizardbase,

Regards

Edy

former_member221339
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edy

Thanks for your reply

We solved the problem now, the customer had both 32 bit and 64 bit B1 clients loaded, removed both and loaded the 64 bit back on and my original code works fine

Ref B1Studio I have been happily using B1DE for some time now, what extra does B1Studio and the framework give you ?

thanks again

Regards Andy

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

In terms of form event handling the new SBO Framework offers more micro event management.

ie. in B1DE, you handle event in the level of Each form and each event per procedure.

In the new Framework, the event is handled per form, per event, per UI object.

ie to handle Before Pressed Event of Item button 1. you have a specific method.

And another method to handle Before Pressed Event of Item button 2.

In B1DE, you handle both event in 1 procedure, and you will have a branching in this procedure to catch the correct UI item.

But, I do feel it lacking in the other areas. Like metadata creation.

For me, I combine both. I grab the source code of B1WizardBase and put it all inside my own framework and combine it with the new SBO 9 FrameWork.

This way, I don't have to worry about 32 bit or 64 bit B1Wizardbase.

And in SBO 9.1 the 'SAPBusinessOneSDK.dll' offers even more easier for us, in terms of not having to re-reference the DI API and UI API dll when switching between 32 and 64 bit build.

Regards

Edy

former_member221339
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edy

Thanks for your information, very useful

Don't normally have a problem with 32 bit and 64 bit, just the dealer didn't spot both clients had been loaded

Busy with coding at the moment but when I have a mo I will look into the B1 Studio

Thanks again

Regards Andy

Answers (0)