cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing relevancy indicator (X) in routing for master recipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

I am having a problem that im creating a master recipe and when i assign a resource to the operation the costing relevancy indicator (X) dissappears and this is greyed out. Why is this happening? The control key is PI01 and it is relevant to costing, the WC costing details are also maintained (except activity types). BOM items are also relevant to costing. Why is this happening and why is the indicator not changeabe?.

Thanks,

Ariel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ariel,

In master receipe the costing is not carried out on operation but on phase.

You maintain the phase for this operation, give due input and you will be able to see the costing indicator in the pahse details in 'General data' tab page.

Check and revert.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained the phase but i dont want to maintain the control recipe destinations as mandatory..system is not allowing me to create the phase without maintaining the destinations. Can this be changed? Can i carry forward without phase as i have only 1 operation and this is a continuous process without phase wise outputs. What effect will this have on my costing?

Thanks for your replies so far.

Thanks,

Ariel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ariel,

In master receipe, without maintaining operation the phase can not be maintained.

Scheduling & costing of the process order are dependent on phase.

So hierarchly phase is below the operation but have importance than that of operation.

Control receipe destination is the mandatory entry.

Hope this helps you.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moreover I want to add that if you do not want to use the standard functionality provided by PI, then why don't you opt for Discrete scenario and use production orders instead if your scenarion is quite simple.

SmanS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

once you are going through master recipe then maintain of control recipe destination is mandatory.then only you can able capture data like operation time ,activity through resource.

With out that you can not create phases .

Regards

SANIL

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Master recipe costing relevant key will be captured at phase not at operation level.

assign the phase for the operation.

Thanx,

Som