cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost elements in GLPCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to use the GLPCA table to have all the P&L composants in SAP BW.

My question is that in BSEG (FI-GL), we have the Cost element field (KSTAR) but in GLPCA we just have the account. So I wanted to know if a GLPCA entry is generated when secondary cost elements are used and how to have the cost element in this table. If it is not possible, how can we tranck these imputations done on secondary cost elements?

Thanks a lot,

Julien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

as you said "but in GLPCA we just have the account".

So in Profit-Center Accounting you dont have secondary cost element postings (as in FI-GL).

But you can create FI (and PCA) postings based on secondary cost element postings in CO by using the "reconciliation ledger" functionality SAPF180 / SAPF181 (P&L + Balance sheet adjustment).

In NewGL this is the so called CO-FI online integration.

Best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I disagree. I have CO-postings with secondary cost types in GLPCA.

I do not know, however, if this is a matter of customizing or if it's true by default.

regards

Nikolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are right.

I've mixed up old PCA (Special Ledger 8A) and Profit-Center Accounting in NewGL, sorry for that.

Best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikolas John,

In what account are they affected?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The field "account" shows the cost element number (even though it does not exist as an account, being secondary).

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if we recapitulate :

- Also if the newGL module is not active in our SAP system, the GLPCA table will contain all CO line items including lines which are affected to a secondary cost element (in this case, the RACCT zone - Account - will contain the secondary cost element value).

Please confirm it (or not...) .

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Julien

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I concur with Nicolas; the lines should appear in GLPCA and the account field will contain the secondary cost element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

confirmed

Answers (0)