cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Centers Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My Client actually posted a GL without entering the Cost Center , Now i want to manually enter a cost center for that posting .

Is it possible to enter a cost center or any other option is available?

Urgent issue Pls.

Cheers

Vivek.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First create required cost elements(Primary) and cost centers.

Use T.code KB11N.Enter the cost element for which the cost center is to be posted.

Enter the new cost center,same amount and the same cost element.In the Doc text you can give the details of accounting doc for which the manual posting of costs is done.And save it.

I am not sure whether this works.

Let me know about this.

Regards

Vardhini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Go to this path

SPRO-> IMG -> Financial accounting -> Financial accounting global settings -> Document -> Line item -> Document change rules line item

Select K - field name - BSEG-KOSTL

Double click and there is one check box ...possibility of changing field ...check that field.... save

you can change your document using FB02 and can give cost center

Hope this will work

Radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha ,

I can see all fields other than BSEG-KOSTL in that path which you gave.

Im new to FI just changed from Technical, so some detailed Help is Needed .

Cheers

Vivek.

Message was edited by:

vivek mohan

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vivek,

if people are spending time to answer you, would appreciate, if you would read what they are writing to you...

I asked you a question: What is the error message, when you try to reverse the posting? You did not answer... On the other hand, these 'experts' try to convience you to change the original document, but that it just not possible in case of cost center changes (because of integration issues).

Looking forward for your answer!

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric ,

I replied for your message but i edited(deleted) after that bcos am not sure about that error and also i got other urgent issue .

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate for spending your time in busy schedule, i got other urgent issue so i am out of office. My manager is working on this issue now as it is a very important and urgent issue.

Hi To All ,

Will assign my points for those whom ,where i learnt something . Once again I appreciate all those who spent their precious time on this issue.

Cheers

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radha

You cannot change a cost center in an FI document after posting

This is against the principles of orderly accounting.

Even if you select the KOSTL field in BSEG table in your customing for document changes, you can never change a cost center assignment

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use KA01 to create cost element for the GL then you try to assign Cost center in FB02 for the posted transaction.

You need to check the "field status group" of GL also.

Regards,

Murali

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vivek,

this is not allowed. You have to reverse the posting and repost is again with proper cost center.

hope this helps

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric ,

I tried to reverse it back but it is throwing a error like (Reverse is not Possible).

Cheers

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use t.code: kb61 to transfer the balance from blank cost center to Relevant cost center.

So that, u need not carryout any reversal transaction.

Hope it is helpful for u

All the best

Prasad

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vivek,

what is the full text of the error message? What are the class and the number of the error message?

thanks

ec